Addendum for 7 point jump?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
American_in_China

Addendum for 7 point jump?

Postby American_in_China » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:57 am

From 172 to 179. Because of my exams, thesis, and business commitments, I had only 3 weeks to study for my original June LSAT. I decided to retake in October because the original score was 3 points below my PT average (175) and I believe that I could substantially raise my score with further study (PT average of 179 for my last 7 PTs before October).

Should I write an addendum to reflect this? I'm worried that my score might be considered as an "unlucky" drop from a 175 true score on the first attempt to a "lucky" retake on the second attempt, when in fact I was at my average for my retake.

lrslayer

Re: Addendum for 7 point jump?

Postby lrslayer » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:05 am

American_in_China wrote:From 172 to 179. Because of my exams, thesis, and business commitments, I had only 3 weeks to study for my original June LSAT. I decided to retake in October because the original score was 3 points below my PT average (175) and I believe that I could substantially raise my score with further study (PT average of 179 for my last 7 PTs before October).

Should I write an addendum to reflect this? I'm worried that my score might be considered as an "unlucky" drop from a 175 true score on the first attempt to a "lucky" retake on the second attempt, when in fact I was at my average for my retake.

probably depends on where you are applying

American_in_China

Re: Addendum for 7 point jump?

Postby American_in_China » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:07 am

lrslayer wrote:
American_in_China wrote:From 172 to 179. Because of my exams, thesis, and business commitments, I had only 3 weeks to study for my original June LSAT. I decided to retake in October because the original score was 3 points below my PT average (175) and I believe that I could substantially raise my score with further study (PT average of 179 for my last 7 PTs before October).

probably depends on where you are applying

ED to Chicago, lowest school is Wash U.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”