Spring/Fall situation... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SnoDog

New

Spring/Fall situation...

Post by SnoDog » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:44 pm

So here's my situation:

I've taken the Oct. LSAT, and like many of you received my score a few days ago. I've then immediately begun submitting applications, and for one of the schools I applied to, I applied for the SPRING 2012 term. Pretty much all of the other schools I have and will apply to are schools that only accept incoming students to the FALL 2012 term.

Now I didn't expect the SPRING school to even review my application that quickly, but today they just sent me an acceptance letter over email, and that I should expect the actual snail mail in a few days. They also stated on my email that my date to pay my seat deposit is 11/15, which is like two weeks away.

From what I understand, won't most schools be sending out letters way past that? I'd like to consider my options before deciding to matriculate, and didn't know this school would make a decision so fast. Did I just make a mistake in both applying to schools for the Fall and the Spring? Not sure what to do, but I've emailed the admissions department asking them if I can receive an extension for the seat deposit explaining my situation. No reply yet.

Any thoughts on what I can do from this situation?

Much thanks in advance.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Spring/Fall situation...

Post by bp shinners » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:15 pm

I can't say for sure without knowing about which school you're talking. However, most decent schools will grant an extension for their seat deposit if you ask, politely, for one because of outstanding decisions. If the school replies with no, I'd reconsider my desire to attend that institution.

In short, wait for the response, but don't worry about it.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Are any of the schools with spring start actually worth attending?

SnoDog

New

Post by SnoDog » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:30 pm

bp shinners wrote:I can't say for sure without knowing about which school you're talking. However, most decent schools will grant an extension for their seat deposit if you ask, politely, for one because of outstanding decisions. If the school replies with no, I'd reconsider my desire to attend that institution.

In short, wait for the response, but don't worry about it.

I see, thanks. It was one of my safety choices and I didn't know they would send me an acceptance letter within 3 days of applying, lol. Hopefully I'll receive a reply from them tomorrow as well as an extension. Otherwise, I might reconsider attending given the situation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”