Help Please: Is it even worth it?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: Help Please: Is it even worth it?

Postby 071816 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:23 pm

FreeLolita wrote:my parents wouldn't let me cancel my score

--ImageRemoved--

FreeLolita

Postby FreeLolita » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:47 pm

The reason I ask is that on a lot of school's sites, they say they consider all scores, when in person at this fair I went to, representatives from those same schools said they only consider the highest.

FreeLolita

Postby FreeLolita » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:52 pm

SilverE2 wrote:Why isn't anyone telling this person to retake?

You have a 3.82 GPA. Don't waste it on a shit school. You've got another retake, use it.

And my double major is in economics and political science, which are both generally considered pretty weak. I have worked really hard during my undergraduate career, but the gpa is nothing to really to write home about because of what I studied. It's not like I majored in accounting, finance, or math or engineering or anything of that nature. I really don't want to have to retake, but I may do so. In your opinion, what exactly constitutes a s*** school?

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:55 pm

I don't think anyone else is going to help you until you explain the parents thing.

FreeLolita

Postby FreeLolita » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:12 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:I don't think anyone else is going to help you until you explain the parents thing.

Basically, they wanted me to at least have a score logged in, god forbid I felt even worse after taking the October test.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:19 pm

No, why did you listen to your parents? It's your life, you're an adult and it's your choice to make. What if they try to pressure you into a specific law school?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:21 pm

FreeLolita wrote: my parents wouldn't let me cancel my score despite my pleading.

why has no one addressed this yet?

ETA: scooped

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:57 am

FreeLolita wrote:

You have a 3.82 GPA. Don't waste it on a shit school. You've got another retake, use it.

And my double major is in economics and political science, which are both generally considered pretty weak. I have worked really hard during my undergraduate career, but the gpa is nothing to really to write home about because of what I studied. It's not like I majored in accounting, finance, or math or engineering or anything of that nature. I really don't want to have to retake, but I may do so. In your opinion, what exactly constitutes a s*** school?

I wouldn't go to UT, UCLA, Vandy, BU, Cornell, Georgetown, Duke without at least some money, the rest of the T14 I would probably go at sticker, WUSTL, GW, ND, BC with a huge/full scholarship, and every other law school I would forget unless I had a full scholarship and a job lined up.

But that's just me, and before you write me off as a crazy person, I'll go ahead and say that a whole lot of TLS members are even more conservative than I am.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:07 am

FreeLolita wrote:

Very much like multiple LSAT scores, the schools don't give a shit what your major is. They care about GPA and highest LSAT, because THAT'S WHAT THEY REPORT TO USNWR FOR THE RANKINGS.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”