2 LSAC GPA questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
roz77

2 LSAC GPA questions

Postby roz77 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:10 pm

I tried searching for these but I couldn't find a concrete answer, so here goes. I just had transcripts sent to the LSAC, and it shows me two different gpas. One says Degree (Summary) GPA and the other says Cumulative GPA. Which one is the official GPA that law schools look at?

My second question concerns the fact that I won't be applying until late December when I get my December LSAT score back. Is it ok to include my grades from just my first six semesters of college, or do I need to include my seventh semester since I will be done with it?

tennisking88

Re: 2 LSAC GPA questions

Postby tennisking88 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:23 pm

roz77 wrote:I tried searching for these but I couldn't find a concrete answer, so here goes. I just had transcripts sent to the LSAC, and it shows me two different gpas. One says Degree (Summary) GPA and the other says Cumulative GPA. Which one is the official GPA that law schools look at?

My second question concerns the fact that I won't be applying until late December when I get my December LSAT score back. Is it ok to include my grades from just my first six semesters of college, or do I need to include my seventh semester since I will be done with it?

1. Cumulative
2. Schools ask you for your most recent transcript. If you are applying in late December, I ASSUME (do not know for sure) that means you give them what you have, even if a few classes are still left ungraded. In that case, schools may or may not ask for those grades/more updated transcript.

roz77

Re: 2 LSAC GPA questions

Postby roz77 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:25 pm

So you think that I should resend my transcript as soon as this semester's grades are finalized in December then?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”