Can you apply to 1 school while you take the December LSAT?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mrbrainwash99

Can you apply to 1 school while you take the December LSAT?

Postby mrbrainwash99 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:03 am

Crazy, but can I take the December LSAT AND apply to a school or two with my October score? Will the schools frown upon this or know about this? I know, crazy question, not very logical...but curious! Wondering for the sake of wondering...

qbt1990

Re: Can you apply to 1 school while you take the December LSAT?

Postby qbt1990 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:38 pm

mrbrainwash99 wrote:Crazy, but can I take the December LSAT AND apply to a school or two with my October score? Will the schools frown upon this or know about this? I know, crazy question, not very logical...but curious! Wondering for the sake of wondering...

You can, but the app will probably ask if you're planning on taking the LSAT again in the future, and if you put down "yes", your app won't go complete at those schools until your new score comes in. It's not a frowned upon process as far as I know.

joshceo

Postby joshceo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:31 am

You can absolutely apply with your October score, and so far I have not filled out an app that asks about plans to retake. And, once you get your December score, you can submit that score to the schools you've already applied to if you see an improvement.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:22 am

joshceo wrote:You can absolutely apply with your October score, and so far I have not filled out an app that asks about plans to retake. And, once you get your December score, you can submit that score to the schools you've already applied to if you see an improvement.

What if you apply with your Oct, the app doesn't ask if you are taking it in Dec (but you are), and they reject you before December comes around? Can you still submit your Dec score to be reevaluated?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”