Fee Waivers.... A Year Too Early

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dsn32

Fee Waivers.... A Year Too Early

Postby dsn32 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:52 pm

I've been getting a ton of fee waivers from schools I'd like to apply to.... for this cycle. The only problem is, I'm a junior in UG, and obviously these are of no use to me. Has anyone had success in contacting individual schools and keeping in touch over the wait year in order to ensure getting that same fee waiver for the next cycle? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Rawlberto

Re: Fee Waivers.... A Year Too Early

Postby Rawlberto » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:14 pm

Is your CRS (LSAC) active? Either way don't worry about keeping in touch. When you finally take the LSAT you will get a ton of unsolicited fee waivers and you can always send a solicitation for a school that did not send one.

sach1282

Postby sach1282 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:18 pm

I was going to apply one year ago and applied this cycle instead. What ended up happening was that every school who sent me a fee waiver for last cycle either ending up emailing me another one this cycle or giving me a hidden waiver.

dsn32

Postby dsn32 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:10 am

sach1282 wrote:I was going to apply one year ago and applied this cycle instead. What ended up happening was that every school who sent me a fee waiver for last cycle either ending up emailing me another one this cycle or giving me a hidden waiver.

Thanks! This is exactly the type of situation I'm in. Just took the October LSAT and got a flood of waivers today after getting my score back earlier this week. Just wanted to make sure others had success getting waivers for the next cycle in the event they had to wait a cycle for whatever reason.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:12 am

Just change your LSAC application year to next cycle. I did it, didn't have any problems getting waivers.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”