Do I need to disclose this? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ThreeRivers

Silver

Do I need to disclose this?

Post by ThreeRivers » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Question: "Please address any other incident involving questions of your character that are not covered by the above question"

I started to type this, but then I wondered if they REALLY meant stuff as little as this lol
I was dismissed from an amusement park job because there was a complaint that my co-worker did not check a seatbelt and we signed a contract that we were all responsible for one another.

I have had two parking tickets and one speeding ticket that was reduced to a non-moving violation.

snowpeach06

Gold

Re: Do I need to disclose this?

Post by snowpeach06 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:59 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:Question: "Please address any other incident involving questions of your character that are not covered by the above question"

I started to type this, but then I wondered if they REALLY meant stuff as little as this lol
I was dismissed from an amusement park job because there was a complaint that my co-worker did not check a seatbelt and we signed a contract that we were all responsible for one another.

I have had two parking tickets and one speeding ticket that was reduced to a non-moving violation.
I don't think you need to disclose the first incident, as that doesn't appear to reflect on your character, but, you do need to disclose speeding/parking tickets. It won't impact you at all. When you eventually go to take the bar, as long as you are honest, things like that don't really count against you. It's only if you lie that things can go wrong.

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:08 pm

You really have to disclose all driving violations? I don't even think I remember how many I've had.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Three, unless they want to know if you were ever fired or dismissed from a job because of some sort of violation (or whatever) you don't need to report that one.

Many, many apps want you to disclose traffic tickets though. Just pay attention to the language of the question, they will usually make it very clear exactly what they want from you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”