In-State Quotas Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sprite

New

In-State Quotas

Post by Sprite » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Forgive me in advance if this is a dumb question. I know that I seen several people on these boards talk about in-state quotas at state schools. As someone who is applying to only out-of-state schools, this is concerning.

However, I went on a visit to a state school recently, and asked if they had a quota, and the admissions director responded with a definitive no.

Is it a generally accepted fact that state schools do have quotas to fill, or is this decided on a school-by-school basis?

buckilaw

Silver

Re: In-State Quotas

Post by buckilaw » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Sprite wrote:Forgive me in advance if this is a dumb question. I know that I seen several people on these boards talk about in-state quotas at state schools. As someone who is applying to only out-of-state schools, this is concerning.

However, I went on a visit to a state school recently, and asked if they had a quota, and the admissions director responded with a definitive no.

Is it a generally accepted fact that state schools do have quotas to fill, or is this decided on a school-by-school basis?
School by school. For instance, UT has to take a shit ton of Texans. Which is actually quite fortuitous for the other 49 states of the Union.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”