Resume Error!!!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Kring345

Resume Error!!!!

Postby Kring345 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:59 pm

I cant believe this, but I just went back and was looking at my resume, and I noticed a formatting error. Because LSAC makes it so convenient to reuse the same 'saved' document over and over, the resume with the error was sent to ALL of my schools!!

Basically, along the right hand side of my resume, I have the dates that I attended or worked at the institution. The problem is that for undergrad, the date is a good 1/2 to the left of where it should be. So it looks like this:

School--------------Date-Date
Bachelors
blah blah
blah blah

Employer 1-----------------------Date-Date
blah blah
blah blah

Employer 2-----------------------Date-Date
blah blah
blah blah

It is VERRRRRRRRRRRRY obvious when you look at it. I have NO idea how I didnt notice it. I pride myself on attention to detail, etc, so it reallly pisses me off.

I cant imagine that this will make or break my application, but what affect do you think it'll have? What worries me is that NW is my top choice, and they look for mature and professional individuals. They may find this to be a bigger deal than most schools.

Thoughts?

buckilaw

Re: Resume Error!!!!

Postby buckilaw » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Likely makes no difference whatsoever in your cycle. If you really want you can email schools, note the formatting error that you didn't catch and provide them with a corrected copy. I think one one of my apps I applied with I used an old cell phone number, I emailed and sent the corrected version, and was still accepted.

TL;DR chill out.

smokeylarue

Postby smokeylarue » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Not that big of an error. Plus you react as if your resume means a lot for law school admissions lol. You're fine.

Kring345

Postby Kring345 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Im mainly just pissed at myself for being a retard.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”