Applying for Full-Time ---> Considered for Part-Time

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Kess

Applying for Full-Time ---> Considered for Part-Time

Postby Kess » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:17 pm

I want to go to law school full-time, but am okay with the idea of going part-time. Do you all know if schools automatically consider you for part-time if you're rejected/waitlisted for full time? I realize that is a question best answered by looking at individual school websites/contacting admissions. But...

I think it would be nice if we can start a list for this. =)

I'll jump on my own bandwagon and start:

Fordham:

Can I apply to both the full-time day and part-time evening programs at the same time?
No. You can only apply to one program per admissions cycle. If your original application to the full-time program is declined, you may submit a written request to be reconsidered for the part-time evening program.

Brooklyn:

May I apply to both the part-time and full-time divisions?
No, you must select only one enrollment option on your application form. In the event your first choice is the full-time division, but it is determined by the Admissions Committee that you are not eligible for admission to the full-time division, you will automatically be considered for the part-time program. A second application or special request is not necessary.
Wait-listed candidates for full-time may be offered a seat in the part-time division if, as is sometimes the case, the full-time division closes before we reach their position on the waiting list.
Please note that if you applied for full-time consideration and were subsequently denied admission, it means that, in the opinion of the Committee, you were not eligible for consideration for our part-time division either.
Last edited by Kess on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ggibelli

Re: Applying for Full-Time ---> Considered for Part-Time

Postby ggibelli » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:05 pm

this interests me as well. mainly for cardozo. tagged

Kess

Re: Applying for Full-Time ---> Considered for Part-Time

Postby Kess » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:11 pm

I guess no one is interested in compiling such a list =(

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”