LSAC Transcript

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
PrincetonLaw

LSAC Transcript

Postby PrincetonLaw » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Last edited by PrincetonLaw on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AntipodeanPhil

Re: LSAC Transcript

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Don't you think law schools will notice that the final semester is missing from your transcripts? What do you think they will assume when they notice that? Hint: nothing good.

PrincetonLaw

Postby PrincetonLaw » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Last edited by PrincetonLaw on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:35 pm

PrincetonLaw wrote:my thought is that law schools would only be required to report my LSAC GPA so the remaining semester would be superfluous and hurt me, while law schools could still ask for an updated transcript that I would send directly to them. In this case they would not need to report my GPA (i.e. wouldn't affect their median).

This is just my thought process so if someone can refute or show me why it's a bad idea I would really appreciate it.

Two problems:

1) You will be required to send your updated transcripts to LSAC, not the schools directly.

2) You will be in violation of the certification clauses you are required to sign on law school apps. Here is NYU's, as an example:

NYU wrote:By completing the name and date fields below, I certify that the information given on all sections of this application and in all attached materials is accurate and complete. I understand that omission or misrepresentation may be the basis for denial of admission, rescinding of an offer of admission, dismissal from the Law School, or revocation of the law degree. I shall promptly inform the Office of Admissions if there is any change in any of the facts given.

After all, you know that the information is not complete and accurate.

A further potential problem:

3) If they work out what you are doing, they will think very bad things about you.

PrincetonLaw

Postby PrincetonLaw » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:39 pm

I have seen the err of my ways. Thank you, Phil.

afitouri

Postby afitouri » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Nietzsche would tell you to live dangerously.

I would tell you to consider sending it how it is, and confessing "oops, my mistake," when they confront you with it. But I'm not saying I'd do that myself.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”