Order of LOR's

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ThreeRivers

Order of LOR's

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:47 am

This may be a rather dumb question, but it is something I'm curious about... does the order of the LOR's matter?

For example, I just added the recommenders in random order on the LSAC website and now my strongest LOR is listed as "L3" while my weakest is "L1." Will schools get them in this order / look at the probably rather generic LOR first rather than the probably really strong LOR?

PurplePirate

Re: Order of LOR's

Postby PurplePirate » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:49 am

ThreeRivers wrote:This may be a rather dumb question, but it is something I'm curious about... does the order of the LOR's matter?

For example, I just added the recommenders in random order on the LSAC website and now my strongest LOR is listed as "L3" while my weakest is "L1." Will schools get them in this order / look at the probably rather generic LOR first rather than the probably really strong LOR?

I don't think this is a dumb question. I'm curious as well.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:52 am

Yea I have one LOR for a professor who knows me really well and previously wrote me a really powerful LOR... another one of mine doesn't know my well at all / probably just wrote something very generic (I just wanted a 2nd academic one).

I'd think it'd be much better if the powerful one was placed first...

edit: I'm actually probably going to call LSAC and ask if my order of LOR can be rearranged....

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:56 am

It's not gonna' matter, guys. like 0 effect.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Probably, but I'm of the belief that adcoms don't sit down and 100% read everything. For my reach and 50/50 schools they might skim / see generic LOR... Idk probably doesn't mean much and you're probably correct

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”