Extracurriculrs/Resume Question!! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Extracurriculrs/Resume Question!!

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:44 am

Hey all,

Was looking through some apps and they ask you to provide information of community service/volunteer/leadership positions. I detailed this in my resume and am wondering if I can copy and paste this info from my resume into this section. Anybody have any input on the best way to go about this? Thanks in advance.

Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Re: Extracurriculrs/Resume Question!!

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Bump for some love?

IamIn

Bronze

Post by IamIn » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:33 pm

I think it is fine if you copy and paste

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Copy and paste should be fine as long as you match their requirements for that section and it formats correctly.

jasonxu89

New

Post by jasonxu89 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:08 am

Another related question. Does part-time jobs count toward extracurricular ("List your extracurricular, community, or other activities in the order of their importance to you. Give a brief description of your involvement, including any special responsibilities or leadership positions held.)")? Like Tutor, research assistant?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jasonxu89

New

Post by jasonxu89 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:16 am

And also, for that Extracurricular list, should I include only current activities or everything from the past?

theadvancededit

Bronze

Post by theadvancededit » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:18 am

jasonxu89 wrote:And also, for that Extracurricular list, should I include only current activities or everything from the past?
Past ones count, but only go as far back as freshman year undergrad.

Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:35 am

jasonxu89 wrote:Another related question. Does part-time jobs count toward extracurricular ("List your extracurricular, community, or other activities in the order of their importance to you. Give a brief description of your involvement, including any special responsibilities or leadership positions held.)")? Like Tutor, research assistant?
No part-time jobs should go in the Employment section.

NiccoloA

Bronze

Post by NiccoloA » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:48 am

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:
jasonxu89 wrote:Another related question. Does part-time jobs count toward extracurricular ("List your extracurricular, community, or other activities in the order of their importance to you. Give a brief description of your involvement, including any special responsibilities or leadership positions held.)")? Like Tutor, research assistant?
I've heard the opposite. If you're in college, what other employment are you supposed to list? Nothing? That seems like a bad idea.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:08 am

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:
Only exclude jobs from the employment section if the specific instructions for that section specify that you should exclude it. Some apps do tell you to list your past _____ full-time jobs or your jobs since graduation, but plenty just ask for your ___ previous jobs or places of employment and for those it's totally appropriate to include part-time employment.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”