Should I apply this year? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chch01

New

Should I apply this year?

Post by chch01 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Hello all,

I am an undergrad (finished in 3 years, not 4) who is planning to apply for LS. I took my October test and didn't do well. I got in the low 150s-a complete shock to me, as I was scoring well into the high 160s on PTs. I am rethinking about taking in December, but at that point, it's really do or die, it seems. So my question is this:

1) Should I take a year off and make a solid application, do internships, get a job or something. Maybe even stay in school until LS?

2) Apply to a school I can get into then transfer?

I am certain that by December I won't get gain enough confidence to ENSURE a score I'd be happy with. But I'm also not interested in going to most schools willing to accept my score; I'm not interested in biglaw, but was looking to get into top 20. What do you all think? If you need further info, please feel free to ask. Thanks

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Should I apply this year?

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Never go to a school planning to transfer. Don't go to a school from which you would not be happy graduating.

I think a year of working and studying is really the best option for you. Aim for the June test, and you'll still have October if you need another re-take. You won't even be a year behind, age-wise!

chch01

New

Re: Should I apply this year?

Post by chch01 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Thanks!

Anyone else? I've been leaning more to taking the one year off. I'm not confident that I can find do well enough by this December, especially with the things I've got going on now, in order to get a score I'm happy with. But what do you guys think would be the best utilization of that time? Getting an internship, a job, a masters degree (30 credits in my school, could finish it in one year)?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”