When to apply to backup schools?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cleareyesfullheart

When to apply to backup schools?

Postby cleareyesfullheart » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:59 pm

I am hoping for a t 14 school, but am planning on applying outside of t 14 as well just in case I am not admitted. Is it smart to apply to the t 14 schools I am interested in first and wait to hear back, and then apply to lower schools if need be? I'd like to not pay the application fees to the other schools if I can, but don't want to hurt my chances of admission at them. 3.91/174 are my stats. Appreciate the help!

Hopefully2012

Re: When to apply to backup schools?

Postby Hopefully2012 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:06 am

cleareyesfullheart wrote:I am hoping for a t 14 school, but am planning on applying outside of t 14 as well just in case I am not admitted. Is it smart to apply to the t 14 schools I am interested in first and wait to hear back, and then apply to lower schools if need be? I'd like to not pay the application fees to the other schools if I can, but don't want to hurt my chances of admission at them. 3.91/174 are my stats. Appreciate the help!

eh don't worry about applying to schools outside the t14 with 3.91/174... you'll get many t14 acceptances unless you have a serious criminal history or wrote an egregious personal statement.

Baring all of that, enjoy HYS (at least H).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”