Help with GPA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
masked kavana

Help with GPA

Postby masked kavana » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:31 pm

So I checked my Academic Summary Report and my cumulative GPA is 2.49, but when I look on my transcript my school has my GPA as 3.5

I had a horrible couple of years in junior college where I earned D's and F's routinely. I was able to retake each class where I had a bad grade and received A's and B's.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way I can get LSAC to show the 3.5 rather than the 2.49?

yuzu

Re: Help with GPA

Postby yuzu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:06 am

masked kavana wrote:Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way I can get LSAC to show the 3.5 rather than the 2.49?

Yes, this is standard LSAC practice. No, there's nothing much you can do, other than maybe writing a GPA addendum in your law school applications, or somehow convincing your junior college the classes should be left off the transcript.

masked kavana

Postby masked kavana » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:49 am

yuzu wrote:
masked kavana wrote:Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way I can get LSAC to show the 3.5 rather than the 2.49?

Yes, this is standard LSAC practice. No, there's nothing much you can do, other than maybe writing a GPA addendum in your law school applications, or somehow convincing your junior college the classes should be left off the transcript.

arrgh hella frustrating but thanks for the info.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:52 am

fwiw, no school is going to discount your juco grades. They may interpret it slightly differently (you may be viewed slightly better than another 2.5 gpa applicant), but you're still a 2.5 gpa applicant. Since it factors into their medians, it matters. They care. It'll hurt ya. Not much you can do except crush the LSAT and hope that a school will take a super hardcore splitter.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”