WHAT TO DO Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jrthor10

Bronze

WHAT TO DO

Post by jrthor10 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Got my LSAT score back...164. I was aiming for a 168+. My cold diagnostic was a 161 and I was PT'ing before the test 170+. Thoughts and comments would be appreciated. (GPA 3.49) My options as I see them now:

A. Apply and settle for my current Lsat score, just accept I'll be applying to schools 20-50 instead of any 1-20.

B. Retake in December and apply this cycle. Biggest concern is 1: restarting studying (can anyone speak to this? How much will I likely have lost in the
last 3 weeks since the Lsat?) Also, how much of a disadvantage will I be at with apps going in late?

C. Retake in December and put off my cycle until next year.

D. Retake in June and apply next year.

Thoughts?

theadvancededit

Bronze

Re: WHAT TO DO

Post by theadvancededit » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:41 am

Your tough choices are between B and D, I feel.

Even though three weeks have passed, your prep should still be relatively fresh, if not more so from a needed brain-liberating break.

And, if you decide to wait a cycle, then why not take it in June? Don't take in Dec if you're going to wait a cycle, you might as well apply for this one. If you really do want to wait until next cycle, then take it Feb/June and (assuming you didn't take this once before) use next Oct. as a control date just in case you need a third one.

SnoDog

New

Post by SnoDog » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:20 am

Similar situation here. How much of a disadvantage will we have if we apply after taking the Dec. LSAT compared to applying now? (With the Oct. LSAT score)

American_in_China

Bronze

Post by American_in_China » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:12 am

jrthor10 wrote:Got my LSAT score back...164. I was aiming for a 168+. My cold diagnostic was a 161 and I was PT'ing before the test 170+. Thoughts and comments would be appreciated. (GPA 3.49) My options as I see them now:

A. Apply and settle for my current Lsat score, just accept I'll be applying to schools 20-50 instead of any 1-20.

B. Retake in December and apply this cycle. Biggest concern is 1: restarting studying (can anyone speak to this? How much will I likely have lost in the
last 3 weeks since the Lsat?) Also, how much of a disadvantage will I be at with apps going in late?

C. Retake in December and put off my cycle until next year.

D. Retake in June and apply next year.

Thoughts?
Don't worry about restarting your studying. It won't be a big deal- but I do suggest you try something new in your approach- I did Powerscore the first time, and then the second time around I used both Kaplan (I became a teacher for them and got a ton of free materials), some Manhattan, and then a big dollop of Velocity. Mix and match to find the combo that works for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”