LSAT Addendum--- HUGE Split

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ColtsFan88

LSAT Addendum--- HUGE Split

Postby ColtsFan88 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:31 pm

I've taken the LSAT 3 times. 152-166-177. I really have no reason for this other than better, more focused studying. I guess my first lsat would've been closer to 160 if I hadn't frozen up on games the first time (first section- all downhill from there). Do I write an addendum? I fell like I don't really have anything to say, and more studying is obvious at this point.

6lehderjets

Re: LSAT Addendum--- HUGE Split

Postby 6lehderjets » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:20 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:I've taken the LSAT 3 times. 152-166-177. I really have no reason for this other than better, more focused studying. I guess my first lsat would've been closer to 160 if I hadn't frozen up on games the first time (first section- all downhill from there). Do I write an addendum? I fell like I don't really have anything to say, and more studying is obvious at this point.

Care to share any of your more focused study tips?
Last edited by 6lehderjets on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:23 pm

Avoid it where you can. Some schools really want an addendum for big score differences though.

ColtsFan88

Postby ColtsFan88 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:30 pm

6lehderjets wrote:
ColtsFan88 wrote:I've taken the LSAT 3 times. 152-166-177. I really have no reason for this other than better, more focused studying. I guess my first lsat would've been closer to 160 if I hadn't frozen up on games the first time (first section- all downhill from there). Do I write an addendum? I fell like I don't really have anything to say, and more studying is obvious at this point.

Not really. A dedicated course of the PitheyPike Method seems like money to me though.

EDIT: thanks bdubs (the restaurant?- my fave). I haven't come across any specifically asking for one so avoid it if I can is good advice.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:37 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:
6lehderjets wrote:

Not really. A dedicated course of the PitheyPike Method seems like money to me though.

EDIT: thanks bdubs (the restaurant?- my fave). I haven't come across any specifically asking for one so avoid it if I can is good advice.

IIRC Chicago was one of the only ones that said they wanted an addendum with jumps of 6 points or more. Can't remember about the other T14.

I wrote an addendum and submitted it to all of my schools, but I had a more legit reason to write one.

theadvancededit

Postby theadvancededit » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:44 am

You shouldn't have to rewrite one-- your upward trend should say enough. However, do check with your schools because some ask for increases of 5 or more points. Congrats though, that is a serious jump!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”