lsac vs ug gpa Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sportgirl234

New

lsac vs ug gpa

Post by sportgirl234 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Just out of curiosity will law schools even bother looking at UG GPA if it is significantly higher than LSAC or not at all?

Curious1

Silver

Re: lsac vs ug gpa

Post by Curious1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Yes they'll see it, but how it's counted depends on a number of things. If one bad grade from high school drags you down, it may count less than if you transfered to a different college.

I know people will say "ITS ALL ABOUT MEDIANS OMG THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT ONE NUMBER", but admissions officers are humans too and if we're talking about elite schools it may make a difference.

sportgirl234

New

Post by sportgirl234 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:13 pm

my ug is not elite - a large state university on the east coast. t50 but really nothing that would garnish extra respect from adcom. I am just wondering because I received a D minus in a 4 credit class and then retook for a B plus but it pulls my gpa down by .2 just hoping they will take it into consideration

Curious1

Silver

Post by Curious1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Ah then that's not the same thing. I assumed you meant that you had a higher GPA in your UG versus a lower GPA in some other college that you attended at one point.

They'll see it but I can't think they would discount it. Lots of people have the same situation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”