Apply before Re-take? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
llachans

Silver

Apply before Re-take?

Post by llachans » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:07 pm

I took the October test and will probably retake in December.

If I want to do this, can I apply with my October test or will the adcom not look at my application until the December score is in?

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Re: Apply before Re-take?

Post by ElvisAaron » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:09 pm

You can apply now and attach an addendum telling them that you're retaking but you'd like to be considered with your current score. Alternatively, apply w/no addendum, and as long as you are registered for Dec. they will see it on the app and either shelve it altogether or review it now and revisit it in Jan, depends on the school and what their approach is.

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 pm

If I do write the addendum, they will definitely view the application with the October score though?

(I just want to be absolutely positive. I'm trying to avoid a super late application if possible.)

bigtexmex

Bronze

Post by bigtexmex » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:16 am

llachans wrote:If I do write the addendum, they will definitely view the application with the October score though?

(I just want to be absolutely positive. I'm trying to avoid a super late application if possible.)
Ask a specific school to review your application with the October LSAT score. They'll do that. If not, you can still submit, but a school will not review until the second score comes in since it will be on your application.

I submitted two apps, and that is what happened. Schools have said that the application will not be reviewed until the December score comes in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”