Schools Friendly Towards Reverse Splitters

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gravityrides0

Schools Friendly Towards Reverse Splitters

Postby gravityrides0 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:10 pm

I apologize if a thread about this already exists (I couldn't find it- I'm kinda new around here), but I was wondering if anyone knows which schools aside from Boalt seem to be more friendly towards reverse splitters (I'm talking 4.07 LSAC GPA, and expecting to hear about an LSAT in the mid-160's tomorrow...). Most of you seem to be traditional splitters, but I'm wondering if any of you have numbers similar to mine and have looked into this... Anyone? anyone?

I really don't want to retake the LSAT. I don't think I could put in the time/effort I would need to increase my score without applying next cycle.

JamMasterJ

Re: Schools Friendly Towards Reverse Splitters

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:11 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:I apologize if a thread about this already exists (I couldn't find it- I'm kinda new around here), but I was wondering if anyone knows which schools aside from Boalt seem to be more friendly towards reverse splitters (I'm talking 4.07 LSAC GPA, and expecting to hear about an LSAT in the mid-160's tomorrow...). Most of you seem to be traditional splitters, but I'm wondering if any of you have numbers similar to mine and have looked into this... Anyone? anyone?

I really don't want to retake the LSAT. I don't think I could put in the time/effort I would need to increase my score without applying next cycle.

would you rather go to BU this year or U of Chicago next year?

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:14 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:I apologize if a thread about this already exists (I couldn't find it- I'm kinda new around here), but I was wondering if anyone knows which schools aside from Boalt seem to be more friendly towards reverse splitters (I'm talking 4.07 LSAC GPA, and expecting to hear about an LSAT in the mid-160's tomorrow...). Most of you seem to be traditional splitters, but I'm wondering if any of you have numbers similar to mine and have looked into this... Anyone? anyone?

would you rather go to BU this year or U of Chicago next year?

I'd rather not be jobless/homeless and studying for the LSAT for another year... =/

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Reverse splitter is a relative term. A 168 / 4.0 is a reverse splitter for some schools and an auto-admit at others (and an auto-reject at Harvard). Similarly, a 163 / 4.0 is a reverse splitter at some schools and an auto-reject at others.

Generally speaking, schools will admit reverse splitters if their LSAT is at or above the school's 25th percentile. This was my experience last year. If schools have a 25th percentile that is much lower than their median (Chicago and UVA, for instance), they are probably more friendly to reverse splitters.

Also, an ED to UVA will significantly increase your chances of admission there, even with a lower LSAT score.

89vision

Postby 89vision » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Aren't scores sent out the 26th?

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:36 pm

duckmoney wrote:Reverse splitter is a relative term. A 168 / 4.0 is a reverse splitter for some schools and an auto-admit at others (and an auto-reject at Harvard). Similarly, a 163 / 4.0 is a reverse splitter at some schools and an auto-reject at others.

Generally speaking, schools will admit reverse splitters if their LSAT is at or above the school's 25th percentile. This was my experience last year. If schools have a 25th percentile that is much lower than their median (Chicago and UVA, for instance), they are probably more friendly to reverse splitters.

Also, an ED to UVA will significantly increase your chances of admission there, even with a lower LSAT score.

Come hither, buckaroos, and listen to wise old duckmoney, a god among LSNers for applying to a bunch a schools and updating his scholarship info.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”