the most open law school for non american student Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
beargrylls

New

Re: the most open law school for non american student

Post by beargrylls » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:56 am

Thank you for your answer. I am already in an american law cursus. I got some classes in english, and one by a cornell alumni.

I know by english is not that good... I try my best.

Since I dont have a GPA, do you know if The admission offices will watch only my LSAT score?

Maybe someone who works in an admission office (especially that deals with international students) can tell me.

I am also still looking for The international students percentage for these law schools( they are not in Google): Berkeley, Stanford, Cardozo Law School, BYU , Cornell, Golden Gate, NY law school, UCLA, northeastern.

I know some LS in my list are not really good. But I want to put 2 or 3 easy-to-get LS. Maybe you know some better easy-to-get LS.

Bronze

Post by 174 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 am

American has a great international law program. Might want to look into it.

beargrylls

New

Post by beargrylls » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:23 pm

American? Do you mean this one? http://www.american.edu/ I cant find the percentage of international students...

Maybe some can answer my last message? I am still looking for these international students percentage.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:11 pm

beargrylls wrote:American? Do you mean this one? http://www.american.edu/ I cant find the percentage of international students...

Maybe some can answer my last message? I am still looking for these international students percentage.
Why do you want to go to law school in the US?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:18 pm

beargrylls wrote:Maybe some can answer my last message? I am still looking for these international students percentage.
We don't have the numbers hidden in some super-secret, US-citizen-only section of the internet, man. And we're not going to ask the schools for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:25 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
beargrylls wrote:Maybe some can answer my last message? I am still looking for these international students percentage.
We don't have the numbers hidden in some super-secret, US-citizen-only section of the internet, man. And we're not going to ask the schools for you.
http://www.google.USA/americafuckyeah

beargrylls

New

Post by beargrylls » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:01 pm

why are you so rude?

Anyway... I just wondered if anyone knows some easy to get law schools. I know only northeastern, golden gate, NYLS.

Alex-Trof

Silver

Post by Alex-Trof » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:06 pm

beargrylls wrote:why are you so rude?

Anyway... I just wondered if anyone knows some easy to get law schools. I know only northeastern, golden gate, NYLS.
It is my understanding that whether you're foreign or not means little in comparison to your GPA and LSAT score.

beargrylls

New

Post by beargrylls » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:09 pm

I know... But I have to take all the chances possible. That's why I'm looking for these percentage.

Dont forget that, as an international student, I dont have a GPA. I only have a LSAT score.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Here is a list:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/third-fourth-tier.html

All of the fourth tier law schools on this list are extremely easy to get in to - so long as you can pay the fees. The third tier law schools are almost as easy to get in to.

Of course, you are extremely unlikely to get a good job graduating from one of those schools.

In short, if a school is easy to get in to, you don't want to go there, because the money and time will not be worth the investment.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:09 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:

Here is a list:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/third-fourth-tier.html

All of the fourth tier law schools on this list are extremely easy to get in to - so long as you can pay the fees. The third tier law schools are almost as easy to get in to.

Of course, you are extremely unlikely to get a good job graduating from one of those schools.

In short, if a school is easy to get in to, you don't want to go there, because the money and time will not be worth the investment.
I'll go ahead and bump up that extremely unlikely to an impossible because you would require a visa to work here, unless you're an American citizen.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Yeah, I'm guessing that the kinds of firms Tier 3 & Tier 4 graduates are lucky to end up at are seldom going to be willing to spend the money and time required to apply for a work visa, going solo isn't an option, and government jobs are almost always limited to U.S. Citizens only.

In short, DO NOT apply to Tier 3 and Tier 4 law schools, beargrylls.

beargrylls

New

Post by beargrylls » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Tier 2 maybe?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:25 pm

beargrylls wrote:Tier 2 maybe?
The standard advice given on this site is that there are less than 20 law schools worth attending (the top 14 in the rankings, plus Texas, Vanderbilt, and perhaps a few more).

The problem with the others is that they cost A LOT of money (usually over $40,000 a year in tuition alone) and have low prospects for employment. At all of the Tier 2 schools, under 50% of the students get good jobs - jobs that would allow them to pay back their debt, and at many of the Tier 2 schools the number is well under 50%. Which students get good jobs is largely determined by grades, but it is very hard to predict whether you will get top grades before going to law school.

Also, DO NOT believe the employment data published by the law schools. Everyone knows that they grossly inflate that data, and there have been various studies done that show how they inflate the data.

beargrylls

New

Post by beargrylls » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:36 pm

From France its hard to know that. So thanks for the help.

I appreciate.

So let me reformulate my question: what are (in the top 14 ) the easiest-to get LS?

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:40 pm

beargrylls wrote:From France its hard to know that. So thanks for the help.

I appreciate.

So let me reformulate my question: what are (in the top 14 ) the easiest-to get LS?
They're not easy to get into. That's why they're in the T14. Further, if your writing and research skills are really this terribad, you probably do not belong in law school. I hope you're a flame.

beargrylls

New

Post by beargrylls » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:45 pm

You should read my question one more time.

I wrote the easiest LS not the easy LS.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

théo

New

Post by théo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:50 pm

beargrylls wrote:I know... But I have to take all the chances possible. That's why I'm looking for these percentage.

Dont forget that, as an international student, I dont have a GPA. I only have a LSAT score.
You do have a GPA reported. The LSAC has a formula for converting the 20-point French grading scale into an American grading scale. I have a Master's from France, and this this how they treated my transcript.

beargrylls

New

Post by beargrylls » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Last year after sending my transcripts, there was no gpa in the evaluation.

beargrylls

New

Post by beargrylls » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:05 pm

théo wrote:
beargrylls wrote:I know... But I have to take all the chances possible. That's why I'm looking for these percentage.

You do have a GPA reported. The LSAC has a formula for converting the 20-point French grading scale into an American grading scale. I have a Master's from France, and this this how they treated my transcript.
Do you speak french?

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:09 pm

beargrylls wrote:From France its hard to know that. So thanks for the help.

I appreciate.

Since you don't have a GPA, your LSAT score will be all-important.

You can see a list of the top 14 schools on this site with 25 percentile and 75 percentile LSAT scores:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/rankings.html

The higher the scores, the harder it will be for you to get in to the school (roughly).

But you don't want to get in to the easiest, you want to get in to the highest possible, because the higher ranked schools have better employment prospects, even within the t14.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

beargrylls

New

Post by beargrylls » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Of course I want! :)

Thanks for your help! I also wonder which LS I have to put first. The highest ranked LS has to go first I think. Am I right?

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:59 pm

beargrylls wrote:
théo wrote:

Do you speak french?
Dude...the LSAT isn't in French. Who cares. Have you taken any LSAT practice tests? I would start by doing that before you get ahead of yourself, because I'm not quite sure you know what you're getting into.

beargrylls

New

Post by beargrylls » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:05 pm

why are you so rude in every message? Do you have a problem with french people?

Théo wrote that he studied in france. His nickname is Théo and the "é" exists in the french language not in the english language. That's why I asked him.

You really have a problem about respecting the other people that need help.

If a moderator see this, please do something. I dont like to be treated like this in every message.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:19 pm

beargrylls wrote:Of course I want! :)

Thanks for your help! I also wonder which LS I have to put first. The highest ranked LS has to go first I think. Am I right?
I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. Generally, the higher ranked a law school is, the harder it is to get in to, and the better its employment prospects will be.

The correlation between ranking and employment prospects is not perfect, however - location and class size complicate it, as do a few other factors.

If you are considering US law schools, you will have to study intensely for the LSAT exam - it is crucially important. You won't know what law schools you can get in to until you get an LSAT score.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”