Non-binding ED (at Texas)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
longhorns89

Non-binding ED (at Texas)

Postby longhorns89 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:16 am

I haven't really been able to find a good answer to this question. I currently plan on applying ED to Texas (it's non-binding) in order to get my apps in earlier and have a better chance since I'm pretty borderline. 167 LSAT and 3.63 GPA. Do you think that applying ED to UT will give me more of an advantage than applying regular decision and still getting my apps in this weekend?

AriGoldButNicer

Re: Non-binding ED (at Texas)

Postby AriGoldButNicer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:24 pm

longhorns89 wrote:I haven't really been able to find a good answer to this question. I currently plan on applying ED to Texas (it's non-binding) in order to get my apps in earlier and have a better chance since I'm pretty borderline. 167 LSAT and 3.63 GPA. Do you think that applying ED to UT will give me more of an advantage than applying regular decision and still getting my apps in this weekend?

yes as long as the app isn't rushed.

theadvancededit

Re: Non-binding ED (at Texas)

Postby theadvancededit » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:44 pm

longhorns89 wrote:Do you think that applying ED to UT will give me more of an advantage than applying regular decision and still getting my apps in this weekend?

It could, due to a theoretically smaller pool of applicants. Additionally, you yourself will have the advantage of finding out earlier than RD applicants.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”