WUSTL C&F - Traffic Tickets Y/N?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Cartman

WUSTL C&F - Traffic Tickets Y/N?

Postby Cartman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 am

I would say this is the first completely ambiguous C&F section I've come across on at least 18 other apps. Most say something along the lines of (including traffic violations) or (except traffic violations), but this says neither. Official wording:

Have you ever been charged with and/or convicted of a criminal offense, including any matters that may have been expunged, or received anything other than an honorable discharge from the military?

So, how criminal an offense is a speeding ticket? :P

romothesavior

Re: WUSTL C&F - Traffic Tickets Y/N?

Postby romothesavior » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:06 am

Cartman wrote:I would say this is the first completely ambiguous C&F section I've come across on at least 18 other apps. Most say something along the lines of (including traffic violations) or (except traffic violations), but this says neither. Official wording:

Have you ever been charged with and/or convicted of a criminal offense, including any matters that may have been expunged, or received anything other than an honorable discharge from the military?

So, how criminal an offense is a speeding ticket? :P

Just disclose it. Really won't matter at all.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:31 am

Disclosed mine, it did not matter. As long as they're routine and not DUI's or street racing or something. Happens to the best of us.

Hopefully2012

Postby Hopefully2012 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:56 am

I didn't disclose speeding tickets on questions that just asked for criminal violations. I disclosed when it asks to include infractions. Speeding tickets are not criminal as long as you don't go over by a certain speed (i.e. if you go over 100, it is much more serious... I know this is the case for my state but it might vary from state to state).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”