Deferred and reapplying: illegal?!? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jennielove

New

Deferred and reapplying: illegal?!?

Post by jennielove » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Wow, so i am dead worried about this...

So I was accepted into my second-choice school, and I deferred for a year, telling them that I have to work for tuition.

In reality, I deferred mostly because I wished to reapply to my first choice schools. The school I am accepted at let me defer on the condition that I do not apply to other schools during the deferment period.

My questions are,

1) What happens if I reapply? Do schools actually FIND OUT about my actions?

2) Will LSAC release my information to schools, telling them that I reneged on my agreement with the school?

I know that if they DO find out, they will rescind my admission...I'd just appreciate input from you guys! Thanksss!!!!!!

blurbz

Silver

Re: Deferred and reapplying: illegal?!?

Post by blurbz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:18 pm

If you are accepted and pay a seat deposit at another school the original school will see and MIGHT talk to your preferred school, which could result in you losing both admissions. Why on earth would you accept a deferral with this condition and your intentions?

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Because your 2nd choice school conditioned your deferral on not applying to other law schools, it should be pretty clear that you cannot keep your deferral and also apply to other law schools. Basic logic is basic. You either need to withdraw from the 2nd choice school and then reapply to your preferred schools, or forgo applying this or any future cycle.

Also, character & fitness is important. It would be bad news for you to get caught, and furthermore, you should just want to be an honest person. /interest in you.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:28 pm

You might want to consider another profession.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:26 pm

yeah, you need to withdraw if you want to reapply. SInce you are saying you want to reapply to your "first choice schools" I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you actually got into your 5th or 6th choice school, not your second, which means maybe your expectations need adjusting.

smokeylarue

Silver

Post by smokeylarue » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:58 am

Why the hell did you defer instead of withdrawing?

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:20 pm

smokeylarue wrote:Why the hell did you defer instead of withdrawing?
Because he wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

theadvancededit

Bronze

Post by theadvancededit » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 pm

jennielove wrote: if they DO find out, they will rescind my admission
And possibly complicate C&F royally.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kimberly

Bronze

Post by Kimberly » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:29 pm

You realize that you are also holding a spot from someone who might actually WANT to go to the school at which you are deferred? Unethical to even THINK about keeping your deferral and applying another cycle. Bro, you gotta make your choice. You are screwing over EVERYONE (potentially including yourself) by deferring and also reapplying. I hope you develop a moral compass before the welfare of citizens is in your hands.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Kimberly wrote:You realize that you are also holding a spot from someone who might actually WANT to go to the school at which you are deferred? Unethical to even THINK about keeping your deferral and applying another cycle. Bro, you gotta make your choice. You are screwing over EVERYONE (potentially including yourself) by deferring and also reapplying. I hope you develop a moral compass before the welfare of citizens is in your hands.
Lol, moral compass. We're talking about going to law school here, not applying for sainthood. Many of us will be specifically dedicated to helping people and/or corporations bend, twist, and contort the rules.

But yeah, this deferral thing seems like a bad plan. They'll be able to find out from the LSAC presumably. Figure out a less stupid way to game the system pal.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”