Nov 1 deadline-when to send?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
beezy08

Nov 1 deadline-when to send?

Postby beezy08 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:01 pm

One of my applications has a November 1st deadline, and I am wondering if I send it a few days before that will it go complete by November 1st or will it go complete when they get the CAS report? Because it is my understanding that the report could take a bit to be generated and sent to the school (am I wrong?). All the school's website says is that it must be received electronically by 11:59pm. I would go ahead and send it now, but 2 of my LOR's haven't been processed, and since this school doesn't require any, I don't want them to start reviewing without the letters.

I am essentially wondering that if I were to send it like October 28th, would I miss the deadline because the CAS report came in after that?

CanadianWolf

Re: Nov 1 deadline-when to send?

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:16 pm

You probably need to ask the admissions office for that particular law school. Regardless, why wait since LORs are usually not a decisive factor in admissions.

941law

Postby 941law » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:30 pm

I had an odd error deadline for one of my app's on lsac, could this be your situation? I deleted the app, hit refresh, and then it changed to June 1st or whatever.

beezy08

Postby beezy08 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:50 pm

941law wrote:I had an odd error deadline for one of my app's on lsac, could this be your situation? I deleted the app, hit refresh, and then it changed to June 1st or whatever.

No I just wasn't quite understanding of the deadline/how CAS works as far as sending reports. I talked to the school and they only need the application by the deadline, so that solves that problem.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”