Stopping the junk mail Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AspiringAcademic

Bronze

Stopping the junk mail

Post by AspiringAcademic » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Is there any way to stop the tide of mail from law schools? I originally had the "release my information to etc etc" checked on LSAC because I wanted fee waivers but, now that I've settled on where to apply and collected what waivers I'll get, it seems silly to keep killing trees. Will unchecking the box now help save the rainforest, or is it too late?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Stopping the junk mail

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Best option may be to plant a few trees.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:56 pm

AspiringAcademic wrote:Is there any way to stop the tide of mail from law schools? I originally had the "release my information to etc etc" checked on LSAC because I wanted fee waivers but, now that I've settled on where to apply and collected what waivers I'll get, it seems silly to keep killing trees. Will unchecking the box now help save the rainforest, or is it too late?
maybe, but it's probably already in schools' systems so it may not matter

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:07 pm

It never stops. I am a 1L and I still get crap in both email and paper mail from law schools.

Seneca

Bronze

Post by Seneca » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
AspiringAcademic wrote:Is there any way to stop the tide of mail from law schools? I originally had the "release my information to etc etc" checked on LSAC because I wanted fee waivers but, now that I've settled on where to apply and collected what waivers I'll get, it seems silly to keep killing trees. Will unchecking the box now help save the rainforest, or is it too late?
maybe, but it's probably already in schools' systems so it may not matter
This. I figured that it would be useless because the information has already been sent (I imagine it goes out with each test administration), but a couple weeks ago I went onto my LSAC account and un-registered for everything, and I'm still getting mail and email.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:58 pm

TOO LATE BUDDY.
I checked it off after a week. I still get emails from Cooley and TJSL.

GOT DANG

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:33 pm

shoeshine wrote:It never stops. I am a 1L and I still get crap in both email and paper mail from law schools.
I stopped getting shit in like, January. And then I moved of course, and I don't get squat. I don't even think I turned off CRS or whatever it's called.

Could just be the Chicago post offices at work, but I got all the actual relevant mail (although they did hold that Columbia brick without telling me for about 6 weeks and I only got my hands on it inadvertently).

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Start sending them death threats as replies.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”