Stopping the junk mail

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AspiringAcademic
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:36 am

Stopping the junk mail

Postby AspiringAcademic » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Is there any way to stop the tide of mail from law schools? I originally had the "release my information to etc etc" checked on LSAC because I wanted fee waivers but, now that I've settled on where to apply and collected what waivers I'll get, it seems silly to keep killing trees. Will unchecking the box now help save the rainforest, or is it too late?

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Stopping the junk mail

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Best option may be to plant a few trees.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Stopping the junk mail

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:56 pm

AspiringAcademic wrote:Is there any way to stop the tide of mail from law schools? I originally had the "release my information to etc etc" checked on LSAC because I wanted fee waivers but, now that I've settled on where to apply and collected what waivers I'll get, it seems silly to keep killing trees. Will unchecking the box now help save the rainforest, or is it too late?

maybe, but it's probably already in schools' systems so it may not matter

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Stopping the junk mail

Postby shoeshine » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:07 pm

It never stops. I am a 1L and I still get crap in both email and paper mail from law schools.

Seneca
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Re: Stopping the junk mail

Postby Seneca » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
AspiringAcademic wrote:Is there any way to stop the tide of mail from law schools? I originally had the "release my information to etc etc" checked on LSAC because I wanted fee waivers but, now that I've settled on where to apply and collected what waivers I'll get, it seems silly to keep killing trees. Will unchecking the box now help save the rainforest, or is it too late?

maybe, but it's probably already in schools' systems so it may not matter


This. I figured that it would be useless because the information has already been sent (I imagine it goes out with each test administration), but a couple weeks ago I went onto my LSAC account and un-registered for everything, and I'm still getting mail and email.

senorhosh
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:45 am

Re: Stopping the junk mail

Postby senorhosh » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:58 pm

AspiringAcademic wrote:Is there any way to stop the tide of mail from law schools? I originally had the "release my information to etc etc" checked on LSAC because I wanted fee waivers but, now that I've settled on where to apply and collected what waivers I'll get, it seems silly to keep killing trees. Will unchecking the box now help save the rainforest, or is it too late?


TOO LATE BUDDY.
I checked it off after a week. I still get emails from Cooley and TJSL.

GOT DANG

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Stopping the junk mail

Postby ahduth » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:33 pm

shoeshine wrote:It never stops. I am a 1L and I still get crap in both email and paper mail from law schools.


I stopped getting shit in like, January. And then I moved of course, and I don't get squat. I don't even think I turned off CRS or whatever it's called.

Could just be the Chicago post offices at work, but I got all the actual relevant mail (although they did hold that Columbia brick without telling me for about 6 weeks and I only got my hands on it inadvertently).

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Stopping the junk mail

Postby bk1 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Start sending them death threats as replies.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], earldasquirel, proteinshake, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests