List of schools that offer a joint degree without GRE/GMAT Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sach1282

Bronze

List of schools that offer a joint degree without GRE/GMAT

Post by sach1282 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:52 am

I've been looking for this for a while. I know that Duke's joint degrees are very accessable, but does anyone know of any other schools with options for joint degrees without taking the GRE or GMAT?
Last edited by sach1282 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kabuo

Silver

Re: List a schools that offer a joint degree without GRE/GMAT

Post by Kabuo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:15 am

No, but at least for the GRE, I'd be very surprised if you found it a tenth as taxing as the LSAT. my cold GRE was 99th% (math section, which I was worried about, was absurdly easy). My cold LSAT was like, 60th%. Might as well just take it.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:29 am

Kabuo wrote:No, but at least for the GRE, I'd be very surprised if you found it a tenth as taxing as the LSAT. my cold GRE was 99th% (math section, which I was worried about, was absurdly easy). My cold LSAT was like, 60th%. Might as well just take it.
Yeah, those tests are supposedly a ton easier, especially after having studied for the LSAT. So unless difficulty isn't the reason you don't want to take it, I wouldn't be too concerned

No13baby

Bronze

Post by No13baby » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:48 am

Most of the JD/Master's programs at Michigan will let you use your LSAT score in lieu of a GRE score.

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:51 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Kabuo wrote:No, but at least for the GRE, I'd be very surprised if you found it a tenth as taxing as the LSAT. my cold GRE was 99th% (math section, which I was worried about, was absurdly easy). My cold LSAT was like, 60th%. Might as well just take it.
Yeah, those tests are supposedly a ton easier, especially after having studied for the LSAT. So unless difficulty isn't the reason you don't want to take it, I wouldn't be too concerned
GRE yes, GMAT no. If you haven't had a math course recently and don't understand complex algebra the GMAT's math section is really tough.
GMAT verbal is easy, however.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

coldshoulder

Silver

Re: List of schools that offer a joint degree without GRE/GMAT

Post by coldshoulder » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:51 pm

sach1282 wrote:I've been looking for this for a while. I know that Duke's joint degrees are very accessable, but does anyone know of any other schools with options for joint degrees without taking the GRE or GMAT?
What schools are you interested in? That would be an easier way to look at this.

sach1282

Bronze

Post by sach1282 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Interested, with some exceptions, in CCN through WashU.

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:00 pm

sach1282 wrote:Interested, with some exceptions, in CCN through WashU.
From what I've seen, I think your best bet is to just send a quick email to any of your favorites and ask their admissions people. Though for the most part, school ranked in the T20 require seperate admissions and seperate scores.

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:04 pm

I am interested in this too. MSWs and LLMs for the most part don't require GRE/GMAT. Also, you can just spend a year abroad in a UK school and get a MS/MA in a year without having to take the GRE or GMAT. Other than that I think most schools require the GRE and GMAT. Look at the joint degree websites for each school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:08 pm

coldshoulder wrote:
From what I've seen, I think your best bet is to just send a quick email to any of your favorites and ask their admissions people. Though for the most part, school ranked in the T20 require seperate admissions and seperate scores.
Not to threadjack, but how'd October go for you? Knock that shit out of the park like you should've in June?

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
coldshoulder wrote:
Not to threadjack, but how'd October go for you? Knock that shit out of the park like you should've in June?
Haha I don't think so, but I don't think I did badly either. Will see, thanks man.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”