Can Schools see which other schools you apply to?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
princeofegypt

Can Schools see which other schools you apply to?

Postby princeofegypt » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Can schools see your entire list of schools you apply to in the admissions cycle? I guess my worry is that lower ranked schools may not accept me if they know I applied to a higher school and have a good chance of being accepted.

bk1

Re: Can Schools see which other schools you apply to?

Postby bk1 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:34 pm

princeofegypt wrote:Can schools see your entire list of schools you apply to in the admissions cycle? I guess my worry is that lower ranked schools may not accept me if they know I applied to a higher school and have a good chance of being accepted.

Lower schools will figure it out based on your numbers.

citygirl000

Postby citygirl000 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:44 pm

princeofegypt wrote:Can schools see your entire list of schools you apply to in the admissions cycle? I guess my worry is that lower ranked schools may not accept me if they know I applied to a higher school and have a good chance of being accepted.

I am 99% sure no school can see where you are applying to

NCB166

Postby NCB166 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:59 pm

A lot of schools will ask to list the schools you're applying to on your application, and I certainly wouldn't advise you to lie. Plus, I don't really see the problem here. If anything, it will give them more incentive to send money your way (though in all honesty, I don't think there will be an impact, good or bad).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”