Suggestions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Kess

Bronze

Suggestions

Postby Kess » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:32 pm

So I am going to the law fair in NYC tomorrow in hopes of scouting fee waivers. I want to go to school and practice in NYC. However, if I am able to get fee waivers from schools outside of NYC, I would apply. What are some non T-14 schools that are worth trying to get fee waivers from for the purposes of negotiating scholarship or for any other reason?

Edit: Okay, I think I phrased this really poorly. Application fees aside, my point is that I really want Brooklyn/Cardozo/Fordham. Are there schools outside of NYC that make sense in applying to for the purposes of negotiating with B/C/F?
Last edited by Kess on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Suggestions

Postby bk1 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Fordham/Vandy

Maybe BU/BC/GW.

Kess

Bronze

Postby Kess » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:41 pm

I am applying to Fordham either way, that's my top pick.

But say I get into Cardozo or Brooklyn (I'd get really happy to go to one of these either), are there any schools worth applying to that would help in negotiating $? This is probably a very farfetched question. Lol.

Btw, does Bk stand for Brooklyn?

bk1

Diamond

Postby bk1 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Kess wrote:I am applying to Fordham either way, that's my top pick.

But say I get into Cardozo or Brooklyn (I'd get really happy to go to one of these either), are there any schools worth applying to that would help in negotiating $? This is probably a very farfetched question. Lol.

Fordham is notoriously stingy with $ and because that probably a pill to negotiate. Though I do recall people in past cycles negotiating with Fordham based on BLS/Cardozo offers but those offers were substantial (full rides or close to it).

Kess wrote:does Bk stand for Brooklyn?

No.

theadvancededit

Bronze

Postby theadvancededit » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:28 pm

bk1 wrote:Fordham is notoriously stingy with $ and because that probably a pill to negotiate.

I've heard Fordham referred to as "can't afFordham"-- aside from being the lamest nickname ever, the sentiment is largely true. Maybe with falling application numbers this cycle you'll fare better when negotiating with Brooklyn/Cardozo offers, though.

Kess

Bronze

Postby Kess » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks guys. I was thinking more on the lines of does it make sense to apply to schools outside of NYC if I am certain I want to be in NYC?

Kess

Bronze

Postby Kess » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:25 am

In other words, say I get into something like Temple or Seton Hall, can I use those to negotiate with Cardozo/Brooklyn?

Killingly

Silver

Postby Killingly » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:25 am

Brooklyn doesn't have an app fee.

Kess

Bronze

Postby Kess » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:30 am

Killingly wrote:Brooklyn doesn't have an app fee.

I totally butchered my question lol. As I just wrote in my edit, my thing is that I want to go to Brooklyn/Cardozo/Fordham for sure. I want to know if there are schools outside of NYC that are worth applying to for the purposes of negotiations...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�