Two Senators Ask DOE To Get To Work

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
scammedhard
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Two Senators Ask DOE To Get To Work

Postby scammedhard » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Considering the ABA does nothing, this is refreshing. I also encourage all of you to thank these Senators by email and ask your respective Representatives to join the cause. Somebody's gotta clean this mess.

Two U.S. senators have asked the Education Department to investigate whether law schools are honestly reporting the job-placement and bar-passage rates, as well as the debt burdens, of their graduates.

"2 U.S. Senators Seek Investigation of Law Schools’ Transparency"
http://chronicle.com/blogs/ticker/2-u-s ... ency/37254

"Coburn, Boxer Call for Department of Education to Examine Questions of Law School Transparency"
--LinkRemoved--

"Frustrated with ABA, senators ask DOE to scrutinize law schools"
http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... slreturn=1

"Senators Seek Decade of Detailed Law School Placement, Bar Passage and Student Debt Data"
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ ... nd_studen/

And this is the letter:
http://boxer.senate.gov/en/press/releases/101411.cfm

javancho
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Two Senators Ask DOE To Get To Work

Postby javancho » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Thank god. The DOE is as useless as the ABA, though.

Unrestricted access to credit in the form of Federal student loans is fueling this corrupt system and all the corresponding tuition increases. The DOE needs to be more judicious about Federal student loans; otherwise, Federal student loans should disappear or at the very least be severely cut back.

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Two Senators Ask DOE To Get To Work

Postby shoeshine » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:47 pm

scammedhard wrote:Considering the ABA does nothing, this is refreshing. I also encourage all of you to thank these Senators by email and ask your respective Representatives to join the cause. Somebody's gotta clean this mess.

Two U.S. senators have asked the Education Department to investigate whether law schools are honestly reporting the job-placement and bar-passage rates, as well as the debt burdens, of their graduates.

"2 U.S. Senators Seek Investigation of Law Schools’ Transparency"
http://chronicle.com/blogs/ticker/2-u-s ... ency/37254

"Coburn, Boxer Call for Department of Education to Examine Questions of Law School Transparency"
--LinkRemoved--

"Frustrated with ABA, senators ask DOE to scrutinize law schools"
http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... slreturn=1

"Senators Seek Decade of Detailed Law School Placement, Bar Passage and Student Debt Data"
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ ... nd_studen/

And this is the letter:
http://boxer.senate.gov/en/press/releases/101411.cfm

Have you written your representatives? Why the fuck do you care so much about this?
Last edited by shoeshine on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
joemoviebuff
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Two Senators Ask DOE To Get To Work

Postby joemoviebuff » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:08 pm

shoeshine wrote:
scammedhard wrote:links

Have you written you representatives? Why the fuck do you care so much about this?


Do you not think this is important? I'm glad somebody posted this, regardless of who it is.

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Two Senators Ask DOE To Get To Work

Postby shoeshine » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:14 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:
shoeshine wrote:
scammedhard wrote:links

Have you written you representatives? Why the fuck do you care so much about this?

Do you not think this is important? I'm glad somebody posted this, regardless of who it is.

I particularly don't like this poster. He claims to have a full scholarship to a T-14 but constantly talks about how law schools are a scam.

I think he is lying about his scholarship and school rank. If he isn't lying then he is a douche.

I agree that this is important but I think this guy is FOS.

User avatar
joemoviebuff
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Two Senators Ask DOE To Get To Work

Postby joemoviebuff » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:46 pm

shoeshine wrote:I particularly don't like this poster. He claims to have a full scholarship to a T-14 but constantly talks about how law schools are a scam.

I think he is lying about his scholarship and school rank. If he isn't lying then he is a douche.

I agree that this is important but I think this guy is FOS.


Having a full scholarship to a T14 and having a belief that law schools are a scam isn't irreconcilable. I don't understand why that would bother you. FWIW I have a partial scholarship at a T14 and believe that some of the practices of a great deal of law schools are reprehensible.

He could very well be full of shit and/or a douche, but it appears he doesn't like seeing people get financially hosed by depending on borderline fraudulent statistics, just like those two senators don't. Seems like a good reason to give a fuck about something.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media and 4 guests