Reapplicant - Significant WE = decent soft?!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AlanShore

Reapplicant - Significant WE = decent soft?!

Postby AlanShore » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Hey guys, reapplicant here.

I was WL at my top choices a few cycles ago despite having median numbers. I was in UG then and my gpa has gone up a tiny bit since I did well my last semester but mostly, its the same.

I ended up taking a really good job offer during senior year and I am thinking of reapplying to LS next cycle as working has given me time to save money, soul search, etc and I truly feel I'd enjoy law better than business/finance. Anyway, wondering what TLSers think about significant WE?

I would have 3 full years of WE upon entering.. typical leadership/mgmt job that typically feeds into top bschools. that sort of thing. Could it be a decent soft to push me to an admit next cycle?

Wart

Re: Reapplicant - Significant WE = decent soft?!

Postby Wart » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Yes

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Wart wrote:Yes

thank you for your response.. albeit brief.

Wart

Postby Wart » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:52 pm

AlanShore wrote:
Wart wrote:Yes

thank you for your response.. albeit brief.

To elaborate: I think your chances are noticeably better, especially if you have a nice recommendation from a boss, etc. At Northwestern, your chances are MUCH better.

shoeshine

Postby shoeshine » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:53 pm

WE is always a plus. Some schools weight it more heavily than others.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:54 pm

AlanShore wrote:Hey guys, reapplicant here.

I was WL at my top choices a few cycles ago despite having median numbers. I was in UG then and my gpa has gone up a tiny bit since I did well my last semester but mostly, its the same.

I ended up taking a really good job offer during senior year and I am thinking of reapplying to LS next cycle as working has given me time to save money, soul search, etc and I truly feel I'd enjoy law better than business/finance. Anyway, wondering what TLSers think about significant WE?

I would have 3 full years of WE upon entering.. typical leadership/mgmt job that typically feeds into top bschools. that sort of thing. Could it be a decent soft to push me to an admit next cycle?

A lot better at Northwestern and a bit better elsewhere, but retaking is also gonna be really important

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:27 pm

Yeah, I somewhat feel I hit pretty close to my max on the LSAT when I took it. I would need a 3pt increase to be considered for Northwestern. We'll see. Thanks for the input guys.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”