Crazy Binding Early Decision Thought

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cogitoergosum

Crazy Binding Early Decision Thought

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:50 pm

I started my applications last night and realized how easy it could be to select a binding early decision to a school you don't actually want to ED. Then I worked through a whole nightmare scenario of ED'ing to some TTT and having to go there.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Are there safeguards later in the application process that ask you if you are sure you want to ED, etc., or could someone actually make this mistake?

gin

Re: Crazy Binding Early Decision Thought

Postby gin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm guessing you could contact the school and ask them to take you off ED. I'm also guessing that's a sure way to get you rejected

Seneca

Postby Seneca » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:02 pm

On the applications I've seen, the ED agreement is on its own tab within the LSAC app, and you need to check a box and retype your name in a field to complete the agreement. If you're careful while filling out the app, or at least check the final app document even once (which you should be doing anyway), those types of errors are easily avoidable.

Also, THIS.

gin wrote:I'm guessing you could contact the school and ask them to take you off ED. I'm also guessing that's a sure way to get you rejected

Law school is important. Your apps should be important to you. Check your apps before sending and you'll be fine.

Opie

Postby Opie » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:29 pm

I believe most schools have a contract you have to sign and send them before ED is valid anyway.

vulpixie

Postby vulpixie » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Opie wrote:I believe most schools have a contract you have to sign and send them before ED is valid anyway.

Yes.

annyong

Postby annyong » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”