Seat deposit. Check, Money Order... Or (God forbid!) Cash?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
halostarbucks

Seat deposit. Check, Money Order... Or (God forbid!) Cash?

Postby halostarbucks » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Washburn wants me to send them a $250 seat deposit by Nov 1 and does not seem to have an option to pay this online. I bank two local banks in the Midsouth where I live, Regions and First Tennessee; can I send a check from one of these, will it be honored in Kansas? Should I send a money order? I really dont want to send cash, I am planning on opening an account at Bank of America soon, I know their checks will be good as there are at least two of those banks in Topeka.

patrickd139

Re: Seat deposit. Check, Money Order... Or (God forbid!) Cash?

Postby patrickd139 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:28 pm

1) Don't go to Washburn.

2) If you insist on throwing away your money, chances are high that they will take your personal check.

3) A person who will almost assuredly know the answer: Washburn's admissions representative.

mrtoren

Postby mrtoren » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Don't send Washburn a seat deposit. Don't send them anything at all.

halostarbucks

Postby halostarbucks » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:54 pm

What's your problem with Washburn, dudes. I could see if you were talking about a diploma mill like Cooley, but their stats are great, I want to practice in Kansas, and I want to graduate in two years. I am so damn tired of the elitist bullshit on this forum.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:58 pm

halostarbucks wrote:What's your problem with Washburn, dudes. I could see if you were talking about a diploma mill like Cooley, but their stats are great, I want to practice in Kansas, and I want to graduate in two years. I am so damn tired of the elitist bullshit on this forum.

Their stats are objectively terrible, dude.
--LinkRemoved--

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:01 pm

halostarbucks wrote:What's your problem with Washburn, dudes. I could see if you were talking about a diploma mill like Cooley, but their stats are great, I want to practice in Kansas, and I want to graduate in two years. I am so damn tired of the elitist bullshit on this forum.

um, this forum is called TOP-law-schools

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”