Addendum for upward trending UGPA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
raptor20561

Addendum for upward trending UGPA

Postby raptor20561 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Question answered, thanks.
Last edited by raptor20561 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelawschoolproject

Re: Addendum for upward trending UGPA?

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:41 pm

I would say that if it's noticeable on your transcript that you have a strong upward trend, the adcomm will see that and it won't be necessary.

On the other hand, if there's something specific or unique about your grade trend that you'd like to explain, then maybe an addendum would be advantageous.

Seneca

Postby Seneca » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:48 pm

Don't write an addendum to point out an obvious upward grade trend. They can see that for themselves. If you have a reasonable, quantifiable explanation (not just an excuse like immaturity) for your F and your weak initial semester at your community college, I'd consider writing an addendum, and then maybe take that opportunity to conclude the addendum with a sentence referencing your strong upward grade trend.

theadvancededit

Postby theadvancededit » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Seneca wrote:Don't write an addendum to point out an obvious upward grade trend. They can see that for themselves. If you have a reasonable, quantifiable explanation (not just an excuse like immaturity) for your F and your weak initial semester at your community college, I'd consider writing an addendum, and then maybe take that opportunity to conclude the addendum with a sentence referencing your strong upward grade trend.

+1

Addenda are to explain extenuating albeit specific circumstances that resulted in a low GPA/LSAT score/disciplinary action. If your upward trend is due to maturing and growing more serious about academics, then the adcomm will assume this based on your transcript as well as your applying to begin with.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”