Application Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Eve0000

New

Application Question

Post by Eve0000 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:42 am

I took the LSAT in Feb 2011 and got a 154, retook in June and got a 161. I took it again in October and like many users here had difficulty with LG and did not feel too confident about LR either. I decided to keep the score and see how I did but honestly, do not feel too good about it. I was PTing between 165-168 but feel that on the actual test, my score might've stayed in the low 160s or even dropped below that.

I will be applying part time. So my question is if you guys think it's a good idea to apply to some of the schools where I am at/above median right now, before getting the October LSAT results and then sending in the new score if it's a good one after? Although I doubt it will be a good one.

What does everyone think? Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

mrtoren

Silver

Re: Application Question

Post by mrtoren » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:52 am

I may be wrong on this..but I think the schools will be able to see your October score regardless. You don't get to pick and choose which LSAT scores you send to them. It sounds like your alternative plan is to try to beat the score release date by sending in your applications before it. However, most applications ask if you have a score pending or plan to take the test in the near future..do you really plan to lie on that? Even if you do, I think they can see the pending test results and will wait until they're released to review your app.

You didn't cancel so you'll have to live with whatever the score turns out to be. Put your waiting face on.

Eve0000

New

Post by Eve0000 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:06 am

mrtoren wrote:I may be wrong on this..but I think the schools will be able to see your October score regardless. You don't get to pick and choose which LSAT scores you send to them. It sounds like your alternative plan is to try to beat the score release date by sending in your applications before it. However, most applications ask if you have a score pending or plan to take the test in the near future..do you really plan to lie on that? Even if you do, I think they can see the pending test results and will wait until they're released to review your app.

You didn't cancel so you'll have to live with whatever the score turns out to be. Put your waiting face on.
No, not planning to lie. However, I've heard many times that schools don't pay attention to scores submitted after the application was already submitted with previous LSAT scores so was kind of counting on the fact that they will just go with my June score and that's it. I am aware that they see all scores but I am not sure how it works when people send their applications in and still have a pending score.

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:25 am

Eve0000 wrote:No, not planning to lie. However, I've heard many times that schools don't pay attention to scores submitted after the application was already submitted with previous LSAT scores so was kind of counting on the fact that they will just go with my June score and that's it. I am aware that they see all scores but I am not sure how it works when people send their applications in and still have a pending score.
Like I said, law schools will wait on your application until your test results come in. Its in their best interests after all. If you score higher than the tests you submitted your app with, they can use that number to increase their LSAT statistics and possibly award more scholarship money. They can also use it to decide between you and another candidate if it comes down to it. If you score lower, they may reject you or lower any potential scholarship offers. The cancellation option was there because it was the only way out.

Eve0000

New

Post by Eve0000 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks for the feedback.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”