How do law schools view GPA??

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Penguin515

How do law schools view GPA??

Postby Penguin515 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Do laws schools view the lsac gpa?

Does the LSAC gpa include college classes taken off campus?

My university accepts credits for classes taken off campus, but not the grade. Does the LSAC gpa include study abroad classes and summer classes? or just your University Gpa?

Thanks

mrtoren

Re: How do law schools view GPA??

Postby mrtoren » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:23 pm

"Do laws schools view the lsac gpa?" Uhm...yes? Why wouldn't they?

You'll need to provide transcripts for every university course you've ever taken regardless of whether or not the grades transferred to your current school. I transferred colleges three times and my GPA never carried over to the next institution. However, I had to provide transcripts from all of them to LSAC who then spit out a final GPA.

Penguin515

Postby Penguin515 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:29 pm

mrtoren wrote:"Do laws schools view the lsac gpa?" Uhm...yes? Why wouldn't they?

You'll need to provide transcripts for every university course you've ever taken regardless of whether or not the grades transferred to your current school. I transferred colleges three times and my GPA never carried over to the next institution. However, I had to provide transcripts from all of them to LSAC who then spit out a final GPA.

Thank you,

I understand that there is one final gpa, but I was really wondering if study abroad gpa and the grades for summer courses counted in the lsac gpa.

Seneca

Postby Seneca » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:45 pm

[/quote]I understand that there is one final gpa, but I was really wondering if study abroad gpa and the grades for summer courses counted in the lsac gpa.[/quote]

Yes, both of those count, too. Even if you just took one summer course, and even if it was transferred into your degree-granting UG's GPA already, you still need to have transcripts sent to LSAC for evaluation.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”