GPA/Transcript question (didnt know diff btwn I/W) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lulzalicious

New

GPA/Transcript question (didnt know diff btwn I/W)

Post by lulzalicious » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Ok so I had a pretty terrible experience at a top 20 undergrad for 3 semesters, something I would explain in an addendum. My concern is that in those 3 semesters I had a lot of 'Incompletes' I just did not withdraw from because I did not know the difference. I withdrew from the school but had like like 1.something gpa...ouch I know.

Anyways, I did a different undergraduate degree in the UK (but I am American) and will most likely have a 'Superior' transcript evaluation, if not then an 'above average'.

My question is, since I did not get my degree from the first institution how relevant will that transcript be to adcomms? Also, will it affect my LSAC GPA? Like will they average that gpa in somehow with my overseas degree?

Lastly, how will this effect me overall in the admissions process? (LSAT I will have a 157 prob from this Oct, but retaking and looking at a score btwn 170-174)

Thanks for any help! :)

Icculus

Silver

Re: GPA/Transcript question (didnt know diff btwn I/W)

Post by Icculus » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:55 pm

First of all, that is a pretty huge assumption to from a 157 to a 170-174. What exactly are you basing this on? And why do you think you got a 157?

Secondly, yes your 1.x GPA will be looked at. I am not sure how it is factored in with an overseas GPA since I am pretty sure overseas GPAs are not factored into schools medians, but the short answer is it will affect you. You could contact the school and see if you can have the Incompletes reroactively made into withdrawals.

lulzalicious

New

Post by lulzalicious » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks for the reply!

About the future LSAT jump into the 170's: A lot went wrong on my test day. I took it in a new country (Egypt to be exact) having traveled there the night before and every single thing went wrong including an early time-call. I was PT'ing 167+ and the next two months I will be studying pretty hardcore...before this test I only studied for 4 weeks.

I dont think the school would retroactively change anything, a lot of the factors in my shitty time there were directly related to the school and I sorta blew it all out of the water with them before withdrawing...am not expecting any favors there.

lulzalicious

New

Post by lulzalicious » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:44 pm

bump...Really need some insight on this..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”