C&F Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gpnm

C&F Question

Postby gpnm » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Hi all.

I had quick question about what kind of tickets need disclosure for the C&F section - the app asks: Have you ever, as an adult or as a juvenile been involved with, charged, arrested for or convicted of a violation of any civil or criminal law other than a parking violation or speeding ticket?

When I was 16, I got two tickets: 1) for sitting on the grass at a park, and 2) crossing between cars on the subway. Is that something I should disclose or will it make me seem neurotic?

Curious1

Re: C&F Question

Postby Curious1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:41 pm

gpnm wrote:Hi all.

I had quick question about what kind of tickets need disclosure for the C&F section - the app asks: Have you ever, as an adult or as a juvenile been involved with, charged, arrested for or convicted of a violation of any civil or criminal law other than a parking violation or speeding ticket?

When I was 16, I got two tickets: 1) for sitting on the grass at a park, and 2) crossing between cars on the subway. Is that something I should disclose or will it make me seem neurotic?

WTF? you can get tickets for that? Are you from Saudi Arabia?

Anyway I think it depends on your state whether or not those are infractions or misdemeanors or what, but it's not going to affect you in anyway whatsoever...

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Sounds to me like you were, at the very least, involved with a violation of a civil or criminal law that was not a parking violation or traffic citation.

Best bet: when in doubt, always disclose. Stupid minor crap like that won't affect you in the slightest, but hiding or omitting something will screw you when it comes time to pass the bar.

gpnm

Postby gpnm » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:46 pm

Curious1 wrote:WTF? you can get tickets for that? Are you from Saudi Arabia?

NYC :wink:

Can't quite figure out if it's a misdemeanor...seems like the only classification is an "infraction".

I guess I'll take the safe road here.

Thanks!

theadvancededit

Postby theadvancededit » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:17 am

gpnm wrote:
Curious1 wrote:WTF? you can get tickets for that? Are you from Saudi Arabia?

NYC :wink: !

HAHA, I knew it!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”