How long LSAC is currently taking to process letters?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Strange

Re: How long LSAC is currently taking to process letters?

Postby Strange » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 pm

I just faxed mine less than an hour ago, and it's already been processed. Faxing is the way to go.

PersuasiveCharm

Postby PersuasiveCharm » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Strange wrote:I just faxed mine less than an hour ago, and it's already been processed. Faxing is the way to go.

+1

jasonxu89

Postby jasonxu89 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:39 pm

PersuasiveCharm wrote:
Strange wrote:I just faxed mine less than an hour ago, and it's already been processed. Faxing is the way to go.

+1

Yeah. Faxed this afternoon. Up already.

jasonxu89

Postby jasonxu89 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Quick question. The status says "received." So it will still take a while to process? Only after "processed", will the letters be available to be sent to schools?

coldshoulder

Postby coldshoulder » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:47 pm

My recommender sent mine out two weeks ago and still nothing at all. Really fucking worried.

He's old and might have forgot to attach the form.

Strange

Postby Strange » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:20 pm

coldshoulder wrote:My recommender sent mine out two weeks ago and still nothing at all. Really fucking worried.

He's old and might have forgot to attach the form.

The form isn't actually necessary. It'll speed things up, but from what I know they can still process things without the forms, provided you have your LSAC number on the letter

ljames152

Postby ljames152 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:14 am

*Update* My second recommender sent out her letter on a Monday, and by that Friday it was in the system. With this in mind, I contacted my first letter writer and had him resend his letter. His was sent out on a Wed. and by this morning it was in the system. With that in mind, for anyone who's around that 2 week plus mark, your best bet is probably going to be to have it resent.

bk641

Postby bk641 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:57 am

what is the number that people are using to fax? and both the form and the letter (signed) would be faxed, correct?

hannahz7144

Postby hannahz7144 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:20 pm

One of my letter writers faxed his LOR to LSAC two days ago, on Monday evening (~6:10 PM). It still hasn't been posted.

Has this happened to anyone else? It seems like others' faxes are being processed much more quickly. Should I worry?

hannahz7144

Postby hannahz7144 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:21 pm

bk641 wrote:what is the number that people are using to fax? and both the form and the letter (signed) would be faxed, correct?

LSAC fax #: 215-504-1444

Themaddh

Postby Themaddh » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:20 am

My recommender told me they had sent the letter on Friday and it hasn't been received yet.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:23 am

Themaddh wrote:My recommender told me they had sent the letter on Friday and it hasn't been received yet.

Mine was sent last Tuesday. I'm going to call LSAC if it's not up by the 15th. Shouldn't take longer than two weeks, right?

rachelwang712

Postby rachelwang712 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:26 am

getting worried.
how long will it normally take?

danielhay11

Postby danielhay11 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:50 am

hannahz7144 wrote:One of my letter writers faxed his LOR to LSAC two days ago, on Monday evening (~6:10 PM). It still hasn't been posted.

Has this happened to anyone else? It seems like others' faxes are being processed much more quickly. Should I worry?

One of mine was faxed on Tuesday afternoon and still hasn't been posted as well.

Can'texplainthat

Postby Can'texplainthat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 am

danielhay11 wrote:
hannahz7144 wrote:One of my letter writers faxed his LOR to LSAC two days ago, on Monday evening (~6:10 PM). It still hasn't been posted.

One of mine was faxed on Tuesday afternoon and still hasn't been posted as well.

Same here, glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully they will be up soon.

danielhay11

Postby danielhay11 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Can'texplainthat wrote:
danielhay11 wrote:

Still nothing on my end. There is literally nothing about LSAC that I don't hate right about now...

ashleyrenee

Postby ashleyrenee » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:58 pm

rachelwang712 wrote:getting worried.
how long will it normally take?

none of mine took more than a week - if yours aren't posted and it's been 1.5-2 weeks I would contact LSAC or have your letter writer re-send. Mine were all coming from California so I expected it to take a little longer. One was posted within 2 days and the other two took 4 days.

hannahz7144

Postby hannahz7144 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:05 pm

danielhay11 wrote:
Can'texplainthat wrote:
danielhay11 wrote:

Still nothing on my end. There is literally nothing about LSAC that I don't hate right about now...

An LOR of mine that was faxed in on Monday evening was just posted this afternoon. Hopefully yours will be too!

CattyPake

Postby CattyPake » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:41 pm

My professor said he sent it during the last week of Oct. Nothing from LSAC so this Mon., I ask him to fax the letter. Still nothing from LSAC. I've called them but it sounds like they don't care/can't do anything. How does a letter AND a fax both get lost in the LSAC paper shuffle?

I have no idea where the f--- my letter is and it's probably not going to arrive in time for Cornell's EA deadline. Hate LSAC.

And I live in the Midwest so its not like my letter has to make its merry way around the freaking world either.

Themaddh

Postby Themaddh » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:06 pm

CattyPake wrote:My professor said he sent it during the last week of Oct. Nothing from LSAC so this Mon., I ask him to fax the letter. Still nothing from LSAC. I've called them but it sounds like they don't care/can't do anything. How does a letter AND a fax both get lost in the LSAC paper shuffle?

I have no idea where the f--- my letter is and it's probably not going to arrive in time for Cornell's EA deadline. Hate LSAC.

And I live in the Midwest so its not like my letter has to make its merry way around the freaking world either.

That sounds horrible. My letter was mailed last week and has not been received. My recommender is faxing it today but my deadline is the 15th. I called my ED school's admissions office and they said there would be a few days grace period. I'm going to ask him to mail a hard copy to the school. This is driving me nuts.

maxpower430

Postby maxpower430 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:05 pm

my letter writer told me last tuesday it "was taken care of" which i assume means he mailed it, and still nothing. if it's not posted by monday i'll ask him to fax it but this is still beyond frustrating.

CodyRuegger

Postby CodyRuegger » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:27 am

Mine was faxed in on Tuesday the 1st and it still hasn't been processed. Getting kind of worried that my ED will get cancelled by processing delays.

Themaddh

Postby Themaddh » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:41 pm

If the school doesnt receive it by Wednesday Im just going to hand deliver a sealed copy that day. I'm through with these games

yepyepyep

Postby yepyepyep » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Just thought I'd post too. Sent two recs two weeks ago. One reached and was processed, other one wasn't. Called LSAC Friday, they said they don't have it, resend it through fax. Had my recommender fax it Friday but hasn't shown up. Why can't they use the internet and automate this system?

Themaddh

Postby Themaddh » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:39 am

Letter posted this morning. Thank the lord. Good luck to all else waiting!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”