How long LSAC is currently taking to process letters?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
scottybared

How long LSAC is currently taking to process letters?

Postby scottybared » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:18 pm

I have a letter from a professor that was sent 2 weeks ago and should have arrived about a week ago. It still hasn't shown up on my account. Anyone know backed up LSAC is right now? The last one showed up 5 days after being sent (that was a month ago).

mrtoren

Re: How long LSAC is currently taking to process letters?

Postby mrtoren » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:53 pm

I was in the same situation about two weeks ago. My first letters at the end of August were processed in two-three days. When the last one was sent in at the end of the first week in September, it took about two weeks to process. This far into the cycle, expect another couple of days before you call LSAC. They probably have mail stacks from floor to ceiling that they're sorting through.

omega918

Postby omega918 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:02 pm

They probably are pretty backed up, but keep your eye on it. I had one sent in around the same time (they probably received it Oct 3rd) and it was processed within 2 days. Give it a couple more days.

leacha5

Postby leacha5 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm having the same problem. One of my professors sent his letter in mid-September and it's still not in my account. When I called LSAC, they told me to just be patient... I guess they're just THAT backed up...

citygirl000

Postby citygirl000 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:01 pm

i have the same issue - did any of you get it resolved by just calling LSAC? my letter was sent mid-September and still not in my account...

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:03 pm

I had one last week that probably took 2 or 3 days. Lucky me.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:42 pm

Great a professor (who's really great and knows me really well) but a KNOWN procrastinator said he's sending it in "really soon".... Hopefully he doesn't take much longer...

erikjc

Postby erikjc » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Does anyone have any info on current processing time for faxed letters?

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Had one that was sent in two Fridays ago, and it was processed by the next Thursday. Of course, it was also sent from a town pretty close to Newtown, PA, so take that as you will.

SisterRayVU

Postby SisterRayVU » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Fuck. I have a professor who's also taking a long time to do it and I told him Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest to send it out so it can be received and processed by the 24th...

If I don't hear anything by Wednesday, I'm taking a 4.5 hour Greyhound to my UG to talk to him on Thursday and wait for him to write the letter. I'd probably also buy the fastest delivery they have :/

JDndMSW

Postby JDndMSW » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:26 pm

erikjc wrote:Does anyone have any info on current processing time for faxed letters?

I had one processed by fax and I assume it went pretty fast because it was there less then two weeks after I asked for it... not sure exactly when she faxed it because she hadn't let me know.

Also I am very shocked it is taking all of you so long. I had one processed in less than a week and it was mailed from the west coast.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:31 pm

I don't think they take long to process. I dropped by a prof's office to hand over my PS and other info- he hadn't started writing the LOR yet. 5 business days later it was uploaded.

citygirl000

Postby citygirl000 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 pm

My professor forgot to attach the LSAC form - if any of you are having same issues, you might want to call LSAC - they were super helpful.

erikjc

Postby erikjc » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:34 pm

Just called LSAC to ask about the current processing time. The lady said about a week, regardless of whether it's mailed or faxed (obviously not including the additional mail time). There seems to be a good deal of variation in their process though, so take it for what it's worth...

swoozie

Postby swoozie » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:44 pm

I had a letter faxed yesterday around noon and it was processed before I woke up this morning. Am hoping the other ones don't take too much longer.

PersuasiveCharm

Postby PersuasiveCharm » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:46 pm

My second transcript from my second university is taking what seems to be a while to process. I think whoever said that during this time of the cycle things are a little bit slower, is right....Because about exactly a month ago, I had a transcript process in literally 2 or 3 days... Which seriously shocked me. Lol. I guess I was expecting the same thing for this one too. But lesson learned. I've already applied to some schools who have requested my cas and this is delaying the report -_-

sfamor

Postby sfamor » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Could someone post the fax number that LOR's can be faxed to? I can't find it anywhere on the LSAC website.

UMiamiCane

Postby UMiamiCane » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:57 am

My professor forgot to attach the LSAC form - if any of you are having same issues, you might want to call LSAC - they were super helpful.

My boss did the same, and when I called LSAC, they told me just to remail it. I asked about faxing and they advised against it.

She mailed it on 10/5, no word yet from LSAC...

No13baby

Postby No13baby » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:11 pm

I had one mailed on Friday morning and it's now in the system and ready to go, even with no mail on Monday.

PersuasiveCharm

Postby PersuasiveCharm » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:20 pm

No13baby wrote:I had one mailed on Friday morning and it's now in the system and ready to go, even with no mail on Monday.

This upsets me.

UMiamiCane

Postby UMiamiCane » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:29 pm

I haven't received an email notification, but I just logged onto LSAC and it was processed today! yay!

One week including mail time, not bad!

PersuasiveCharm

Postby PersuasiveCharm » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:33 pm

UMiamiCane wrote:I haven't received an email notification, but I just logged onto LSAC and it was processed today! yay!

One week including mail time, not bad!

Jealous.

rise128

Postby rise128 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Hey guys, my letter of Rec was mailed (standard) a week from yesterday. I saw this thread yesterday and became worried it wouldn't be processed by for a few weeks. I called LSAC this morning and asked the customer service rep if there was any way to be notified when the letter was received. I was super polite and said I knew they were swamped and it could take two weeks for them to process it. The rep told me there was no way to see if it was there but I should be fine etc. Less than an hour later it was on my LSAC account. (215) 968 1001 [hit 0 to talk to a rep]

Strange

Postby Strange » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:14 pm

They told me 7 days max on the phone so just make sure you leave enough time. I asked them if that was firm and they said yes.

PersuasiveCharm

Postby PersuasiveCharm » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Strange wrote:They told me 7 days max on the phone so just make sure you leave enough time. I asked them if that was firm and they said yes.

I'm assuming 7 business days...Correct?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”