Registering for the CAS

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
North

Registering for the CAS

Postby North » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:34 am

I'm taking the LSAT in next June, and taking a year off between undergrad and LS. Would it be as wise as I think it is to register (and drop the $150 or so) for the CAS now -- the second-to-last semester of my senior year -- so I can start accumulating LORs, find out what my real, current LSAC GPA is (I understand I can send updated transcripts), and familiarize myself with the program in general before application time rolls around for real? Are there any negative impacts to my overexcitedness?

SA1928

Re: Registering for the CAS

Postby SA1928 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:41 am

I say definitely do it. Your account stays active for 5 years so any LORs that you get now, will be ready for you when you apply next year. I wish I had asked professors for recommendations while I was still in college because you are fresh in their minds. Depending on how close you are to your professors, it might be harder to get a great LOR a year out of school. Plus, if you do it now, at least you won't be stuck waiting on them to get them in!

North

Re: Registering for the CAS

Postby North » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:49 am

I say definitely do it. Your account stays active for 5 years so any LORs that you get now, will be ready for you when you apply next year. I wish I had asked professors for recommendations while I was still in college because you are fresh in their minds. Depending on how close you are to your professors, it might be harder to get a great LOR a year out of school. Plus, if you do it now, at least you won't be stuck waiting on them to get them in!
This was exactly my line of thought. Okay, I think I'm definitely doing it now.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”