Soliciting Schools without LSAT Score

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Kess

Soliciting Schools without LSAT Score

Postby Kess » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:55 am

Do you guys know of any decent schools that give fee waivers without an LSAT score? Probably dumb to try to do this, I know, but it worked for Buffalo and Pace. Maybe better schools do it too? I kind of doubt it but you never know, thoughts?

Just to clarify, I took the LSAT on Saturday and was hoping to have some waivers handy so I can apply as soon as I get my score.
Last edited by Kess on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bildungsroman

Re: Soliciting Schools without LSAT Score

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:56 am

What? You can't exactly apply to law schools without an LSAT score, so what's the point of requesting fee waivers if you haven't taken the LSAT?

Kess

Postby Kess » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:59 am

I took it on Saturday and I want to send in my applications as soon as I get the score. I emailed Pace and Buffalo and they gave me a waiver just based off of my GPA.

I don't want to embarrass myself by asking better schools for this though and it probably won't work, I was wondering if anyone knows.

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Michigan will. I got a bunch (like 8 or 9) last year just by telling them my GPA, where I was PTing, and that while it wasn't a financial hardship it would help out.

Kess

Postby Kess » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:49 pm

blowhard wrote:Michigan will. I got a bunch (like 8 or 9) last year just by telling them my GPA, where I was PTing, and that while it wasn't a financial hardship it would help out.

Oh that's pretty awesome, thanks for letting me know.

Kess

Postby Kess » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Bump... Any others?

Dash41

Postby Dash41 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:53 am

I got a lot at my law fair just by asking. I assume the same would apply through e-mail if you asked nicely enough. These are the schools I remember getting something from off the top of my head. There is more I can't remember right now.

Pepperdine
Southwestern
Whittier
Loyola
Pace
South Texas
Stetson
Pacific
Michigan State
Indiana
Indiana-Indianapolis
Utah
Tulsa

Kess

Postby Kess » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Dash41 wrote:I got a lot at my law fair just by asking. I assume the same would apply through e-mail if you asked nicely enough. These are the schools I remember getting something from off the top of my head. There is more I can't remember right now.

Pepperdine
Southwestern
Whittier
Loyola
Pace
South Texas
Stetson
Pacific
Michigan State
Indiana
Indiana-Indianapolis
Utah
Tulsa

Oh that's great and you also didn't have your LSAT score at the time?

Dash41

Postby Dash41 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Kess wrote:
Dash41 wrote:I got a lot at my law fair just by asking. I assume the same would apply through e-mail if you asked nicely enough. These are the schools I remember getting something from off the top of my head. There is more I can't remember right now.

Pepperdine
Southwestern
Whittier
Loyola
Pace
South Texas
Stetson
Pacific
Michigan State
Indiana
Indiana-Indianapolis
Utah
Tulsa

Oh that's great and you also didn't have your LSAT score at the time?

No LSAT score.

nola051

Postby nola051 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Kess wrote:Do you guys know of any decent schools that give fee waivers without an LSAT score? Probably dumb to try to do this, I know, but it worked for Buffalo and Pace. Maybe better schools do it too? I kind of doubt it but you never know, thoughts?

Just to clarify, I took the LSAT on Saturday and was hoping to have some waivers handy so I can apply as soon as I get my score.

I had been wondering the same thing.

For work-related reasons, I'm not able to take the LSAT until December, which means I won't be getting scores until January. Given that that's fairly late into the cycle, I'd like to be able to submit completed applications as soon as my scores are posted.

My GPA isn't stellar, but my undergrad institution is well-reputed in the area, and I've had strong/unique work experience since graduating.

Based on that, any chance that it might be worthwhile to make an early request for fee waivers from some of the regional schools (like Pittsburgh, Case Western, Penn State, etc)?

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:29 am

My transcripts haven't been processed yet by LSAC, so I technically have no GPA / LSAT score yet as far as schools are concerned... some joke TTTT sent me an unsolicited fee waiver lol

Kess

Postby Kess » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:46 am

I actually had the audacity to ask Cornell for a fee waiver without an LSAT score (yeah right like that would ever work and they said:)

Hello , and thank you for your email and interest in Cornell Law.

We will consider your request for a merit-based fee waiver if you are registered with the LSAC Candidate Referral Service, and took the LSAT on or after February 2011. Should you be selected to receive an application fee waiver from us, you will receive a letter in the mail and the fee will be waived in advance for you in the LSAC system. If you receive a fee waiver from us after you apply, please follow the reimbursement procedures on the back of the fee waiver memorandum.

Let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to receiving your application.

Best wishes,

Kess

Postby Kess » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:50 am

nola051 wrote:
Kess wrote:Do you guys know of any decent schools that give fee waivers without an LSAT score? Probably dumb to try to do this, I know, but it worked for Buffalo and Pace. Maybe better schools do it too? I kind of doubt it but you never know, thoughts?

I had been wondering the same thing.

For work-related reasons, I'm not able to take the LSAT until December, which means I won't be getting scores until January. Given that that's fairly late into the cycle, I'd like to be able to submit completed applications as soon as my scores are posted.

My GPA isn't stellar, but my undergrad institution is well-reputed in the area, and I've had strong/unique work experience since graduating.

Based on that, any chance that it might be worthwhile to make an early request for fee waivers from some of the regional schools (like Pittsburgh, Case Western, Penn State, etc)?

Nola, you should try. It could work with schools that aren't T14. Worst thing that will happen is that they will say nope.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”