Letters of Rec Form

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jrthor10

Letters of Rec Form

Postby jrthor10 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:39 pm

Yes I tried searching for this, didn't find it in a few minutes, and so I am turning here. Don't shoot.

In terms of LOR forms, do people scan and e-mail these forms to recommenders with their signature? I am halfway across the country from my recommenders, and I would prefer not to have to print out, sign, then send it to them. To me that runs too many risks of them not getting it, the form getting lost in the mail, etc. Plus, I don't want to have to wait that long.

Can anyone speak to this, or should I just resign to sending it to all my recommenders through snail mail?

hooma

Re: Letters of Rec Form

Postby hooma » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Can't say what you should do, but I scanned and emailed the form so that they could get started and put the original in the mail with a thank you note the next day. My guess is that a scanned version would be fine - LSAC accepts faxed LORs provided that they're legible, in which case the form would be faxed also. I mostly did it for my recommenders convenience/peace of mind should he wonder the same thing.

Kess

Postby Kess » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:27 pm

I am always paranoid about stuff so I wanted my signature to be in blue ink. I was fortunate that I simply saw my professors on campus and just gave it to them. Otherwise, I would have probably mailed. However, I think it's probably acceptable since faxing is allowed (but not recommended)

jrthor10

Postby jrthor10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Any other opinions?

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:53 pm

You could always check the frequently asked questions thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=131727

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”