cancel my score?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Thurgreat marshall

Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:10 pm

cancel my score?

Postby Thurgreat marshall » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:22 pm

i have a 3.9 GPA and am looking for a target lsat of 165. i sat saturday but know i didn't do as well as i'd hoped ... maybe a 161. i usually test at a 163-164 and know i can do better. is it worth it to cancel my score and sit in december if i want to go to a top school in fall 2012? how much of an admissions edge would i lose if i applied later in the admissions cycle?


User avatar

Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: cancel my score?

Postby yuzu » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:28 pm

It depends, of course, on how well you think you did and could do. Assuming you would get a three-point increase, in my opinion that outweighs a delay in applying.

Now that schools take the highest score, it might be worth it to wait for your score and then decide. The test might have been extra hard for everyone, and the curve would save you.
Last edited by yuzu on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter

Posts: 17152
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: cancel my score?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Keep the score and retake

User avatar

Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Re: cancel my score?

Postby theadvancededit » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Keep the score and retake


If you feel that you at least got above a 160, it's worth keeping it.


Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: cancel my score?

Postby Schang1 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:40 am

I had a similar question.. so since most schools take the highest score.. would it not matter so much if you cancel or not the second time? I scored a 160 on June, took the october (think it went horribly but have no clue if it's below a 160 or above), and am planning on sitting for december if I didn't get above a 165 (since I've always been scoring in between 166-168 for the past 20+ preptests). Would having "160 + cancel + 165+" look better or "160 + 158 + 165+" look better? I mean I guess the first one obviously, but since schools take the "highest score" is it REALLY worth cancelling for me? I mean I already have a low enough score of 160 in the report anyway... :(

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 17 guests