How bad is CRS going to rape my inbox?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
laxbrah420

How bad is CRS going to rape my inbox?

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:09 am

Just signed up two days ago thinking itd be cool to get some free applications --first two emails came in today. Do they have some sort of filtering system where they limit the number of schools per day or should I expect to get flooded in the next couple of weeks?

Aberzombie1892

Re: How bad is CRS going to rape my inbox?

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:22 am

laxbrah420 wrote:Just signed up two days ago thinking itd be cool to get some free applications --first two emails came in today. Do they have some sort of filtering system where they limit the number of schools per day or should I expect to get flooded in the next couple of weeks?

Depends on your scores/URM status. 5-10 emails a week are likely if your scores are competitive.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:26 am

i can handle 10 emails

MumofCad

Postby MumofCad » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:53 am

I was actually going to ask if their is a disadvantage to turning off CRS notifications?

I've received all the waivers I'm going to get from all the schools I would consider applying to. Besides Yale, I am done applying, but everyday I get a new viewbook or email from CRS stating that someone is coming to my area for a law school fair or private event of some kind. I'd still like to continue to receive emails/mailings from the 7 schools I applied to, but I'm getting them from all sorts of schools. Is there a way for us to filter out all these emails? The environmentalist, spend-thrift in me is going nuts over all these gorgeous materials heading straight for my recycle. Can we set up a list of schools that can contact us or is it all or nothing?

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:55 am

MumofCad wrote:I was actually going to ask if their is a disadvantage to turning off CRS notifications?

I've received all the waivers I'm going to get from all the schools I would consider applying to. Besides Yale, I am done applying, but everyday I get a new viewbook or email from CRS stating that someone is coming to my area for a law school fair or private event of some kind. I'd still like to continue to receive emails/mailings from the 7 schools I applied to, but I'm getting them from all sorts of schools. Is there a way for us to filter out all these emails? The environmentalist, spend-thrift in me is going nuts over all these gorgeous materials heading straight for my recycle. Can we set up a list of schools that can contact us or is it all or nothing?

For schools I knew I wouldn't apply to, I replied to the email with "Please remove me from this mailing list"

That usually stops the emails, but make sure to be polite.

soj

Postby soj » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:57 am

MumofCad wrote:I was actually going to ask if their is a disadvantage to turning off CRS notifications?

:?:

You're fine turning it off.

Most schools let you unsubscribe using a link.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:59 am

Just turn it off. More Hamline full rides for me I guess.

MumofCad

Postby MumofCad » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:39 pm

soj wrote:

:?:

You're fine turning it off.

Most schools let you unsubscribe using a link.

oops, meant to say anti-spend thrift. Typo :oops:

Am I the only one that gets a little peeved thinking of how much money is spent on these things given the $$$ of attending law school for the students?
Last edited by MumofCad on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soj

Postby soj » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:44 pm

was gonna make a snide comment about "rape my inbox," but then i saw username was laxbrah420.

anyway, the email volume's not so bad even right after test release, which is when you get the most emails.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Also I think they're a lot of fun to read.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:14 pm

soj wrote:was gonna make a snide comment about "rape my inbox," but then i saw username was laxbrah420.

I don't follow

Opie

Postby Opie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:48 pm

I get 2-5 per day and I have no LSAT score up even. I got a mailed flier from COOLEY the other day. I wouldn't live in Michigan to go to MICHIGAN, I'm definitely not doing it for Cooley.

soj

Postby soj » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Opie wrote:I get 2-5 per day and I have no LSAT score up even. I got a mailed flier from COOLEY the other day. I wouldn't live in Michigan to go to MICHIGAN, I'm definitely not doing it for Cooley.

Hence the Florida campus

Aberzombie1892

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:08 pm

soj wrote:
Opie wrote:I get 2-5 per day and I have no LSAT score up even. I got a mailed flier from COOLEY the other day. I wouldn't live in Michigan to go to MICHIGAN, I'm definitely not doing it for Cooley.

Hence the Florida campus

Ba-Zing!

ADks

Postby ADks » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:27 pm

It's not that bad...

Opie

Postby Opie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:11 pm

soj wrote:

Hence the Florida campus

Haha!! Yeah, no. I wouldn't go to Cooley if it was on Mars.

Plus I lived in Florida for 7 years and I never want to return.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”