Grade addendum necessary?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
beezy08

Grade addendum necessary?

Postby beezy08 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:06 pm

One of the schools I am applying to has an optional addendum for grades for a semester or a period of time that were "markedly different" from the rest. My GPA has been over 3.6 every semester, except spring of freshman year, when I got a 2.75. Should I write the addendum for this? My biggest issue is that I don't really know how to explain the grades that semester aside from being a dumb freshman, but I feel like they made a noticeable impact on my GPA.

Hawkeye Pierce

Re: Grade addendum necessary?

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:12 pm

beezy08 wrote:One of the schools I am applying to has an optional addendum for grades for a semester or a period of time that were "markedly different" from the rest. My GPA has been over 3.6 every semester, except spring of freshman year, when I got a 2.75. Should I write the addendum for this? My biggest issue is that I don't really know how to explain the grades that semester aside from being a dumb freshman, but I feel like they made a noticeable impact on my GPA.

Then no. You have no compelling reason for it.

theadvancededit

Postby theadvancededit » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
beezy08 wrote:One of the schools I am applying to has an optional addendum for grades for a semester or a period of time that were "markedly different" from the rest. My GPA has been over 3.6 every semester, except spring of freshman year, when I got a 2.75. Should I write the addendum for this? My biggest issue is that I don't really know how to explain the grades that semester aside from being a dumb freshman, but I feel like they made a noticeable impact on my GPA.

Then no. You have no compelling reason for it.

+ 1

Addenda serve to explain specific, extenuating circumstances, only.

beezy08

Postby beezy08 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks a bunch for your help. I wasn't sure under what circumstances they wanted the addendum

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”