Flex app moping...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Curious1

Flex app moping...

Postby Curious1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Ok so I have 2 problems:

1st, for some apps, specifically UVA, UPenn and UMichigan, under the Demographics section, there was no question asking for my visa type. But when I pull it up in preview, the question shows up as "no answer provided by applicant."

2nd, for all apps, under the Education section, I answered the first question "did you ever attend any law school" as "No" but accidentally answered the second question "did you leave the law school i good standing" as "No" as well. Once this is done, there was no way to remove the answer or unselect it. I tried everything from deleting the application to starting over...nothing. Also the same answer choice flowed over to all my other apps...

I've been calling schools like crazy, and some of them said it's fine, some asked for an email to clarify what I really meant. Would you say this could be seen as sloppiness on my part? I'm kind of neurotic, but this is really giving me a headache...

yuzu

Re: Flex app moping...

Postby yuzu » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:23 pm

It's OK, they know there's no law school, and so of course you didn't leave it in good standing!
I can't imagine they'd ding you over it. They have bigger concerns.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:41 pm

yuzu wrote:It's OK, they know there's no law school, and so of course you didn't leave it in good standing!
I can't imagine they'd ding you over it. They have bigger concerns.

Haha thanks! I just get neurotic. I called all the schools and most of them said it was fine because there are so many glitches with the system. Interestingly enough, the only school where I DIDN'T have either issue was Harvard. I hope that's foreshadowing...:)

Fiddler08

Postby Fiddler08 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Curious1 - could you tell me which law schools said answering "no" needed to be clarified? I made the same mistake...

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:47 pm

Fiddler08 wrote:Curious1 - could you tell me which law schools said answering "no" needed to be clarified? I made the same mistake...

Columbia, NYU, Stanford, Berkeley, UVA (off the top of my head)

Duke and Harvard didn't have the problem, Chicago said it was fine.

ladybug89

Postby ladybug89 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:14 am

Just popped in to say two things: a) flex app is super annoying, and b) Curious1 we have similar numbers/UG...good luck to the both of us! =P

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:15 am

ladybug89 wrote:Just popped in to say two things: a) flex app is super annoying, and b) Curious1 we have similar numbers/UG...good luck to the both of us! =P

Thanks! Are you going to the NYC thing thing weekend?

shoeshine

Postby shoeshine » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:20 am

Curious1 wrote:Ok so I have 2 problems:

1st, for some apps, specifically UVA, UPenn and UMichigan, under the Demographics section, there was no question asking for my visa type. But when I pull it up in preview, the question shows up as "no answer provided by applicant."

2nd, for all apps, under the Education section, I answered the first question "did you ever attend any law school" as "No" but accidentally answered the second question "did you leave the law school i good standing" as "No" as well. Once this is done, there was no way to remove the answer or unselect it. I tried everything from deleting the application to starting over...nothing. Also the same answer choice flowed over to all my other apps...

I've been calling schools like crazy, and some of them said it's fine, some asked for an email to clarify what I really meant. Would you say this could be seen as sloppiness on my part? I'm kind of neurotic, but this is really giving me a headache...

Chill out bro. This won't matter.

Stop calling law schools about dumb things. This will not affect your app but now you may be the person with a note in their file that says, "This guy called to let us know he doesn't know how to fill out forms." You are neurotic and that is to be expected but you need to keep that bottled inside until you get to law school where you can channel it into something useful.

ladybug89

Postby ladybug89 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:33 am

Curious1 wrote:
ladybug89 wrote:Just popped in to say two things: a) flex app is super annoying, and b) Curious1 we have similar numbers/UG...good luck to the both of us! =P

Nope, I just graduated actually so I'm not out there anymore. Also, upon closer stalking, I'm thinking we may have gone to the same school...

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:56 am

ladybug89 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:

Nope, I just graduated actually so I'm not out there anymore. Also, upon closer stalking, I'm thinking we may have gone to the same school...

In that case you will kindly name the 2nd and 3rd letters of our alma mater and I can know for sure.

ladybug89

Postby ladybug89 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:03 am

Last edited by ladybug89 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:15 am

Haha that's too revealing. I meant the 2nd and 3rd letters of the SONG, which would make it RI. Anyway, good luck! And if we continue this conversation it should be via PM.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”