Can I ever REMOVE a particular transcript from LSDAS?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
3v3ryth1ng

Can I ever REMOVE a particular transcript from LSDAS?

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:59 am

I'm just starting this application cycle after taking the October 2011 LSAT. I applied to law schools back in '06 with a much shittier application package. Anyway, I sent LSDAS a transcript from a community college where I took 1 Spanish class (I HATE foreign language classes) and got a C. Now that I'm older and wiser, I realize how this fucks my LSDAS GPA. The credits from this class were never applied toward my UG degree.

Can I ask LSDAS to remove this transcript from their calculations, since it's never factored into my degree? Is it worth haggling with them over this, or is it just waste of time? Anybody else had a similar situation? Any serious advice? Thanks.

emkay625

Re: Can I ever REMOVE a particular transcript from LSDAS?

Postby emkay625 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:01 am

I have a similar situation, and I believe you must still report that, even if it didn't count towards your degree. I think the rule is any college class you've taken ever.

Also, better to be safe than sorry.

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:06 am

emkay625 wrote:I have a similar situation, and I believe you must still report that, even if it didn't count towards your degree. I think the rule is any college class you've taken ever.

Also, better to be safe than sorry.

Did you ever try asking them to remove it?

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:13 am

You are required to have that class included in LSAC's calculations. It sounds like, in this case, your younger self was the wiser one.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:16 am

Bildungsroman wrote:You are required to have that class included in LSAC's calculations. It sounds like, in this case, your younger self was the wiser one.

This. Also, asking for them to remove a required transcript would be outright stupid. LSAC wouldn't be complicit in helping you violate their own rules.

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:22 am

Bildungsroman wrote:You are required to have that class included in LSAC's calculations. It sounds like, in this case, your younger self was the wiser one.

Thanks for the ill-spirited commentary. Many blessings to you too.

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:30 am

vanwinkle wrote:

This. Also, asking for them to remove a required transcript would be outright stupid. LSAC wouldn't be complicit in helping you violate their own rules.

Well, see, sometimes something IS stupid, or it sounds stupid, but then you ASK or HAGGLE and you get your way. Sometimes people ask because they don't know, like I just did. I read what was on the site, but it didn't say anything about removing a transcript or the circumstances that would allow that, if it were to occur. Since I'm certainly interested in helping my application, it was worth asking.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:36 am

3v3ryth1ng wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

Well, see, sometimes something IS stupid, or it sounds stupid, but then you ASK or HAGGLE and you get your way. Sometimes people ask because they don't know, like I just did. I read what was on the site, but it didn't say anything about removing a transcript or the circumstances that would allow that, if it were to occur. Since I'm certainly interested in helping my application, it was worth asking.

I didn't say your asking if this was possible was stupid. Ignorant, perhaps, but I mean that unoffensively. However, it would be damn stupid for someone to actually go and ask LSAC to do this, especially after being made aware that LSAC requires transcripts from all colleges whether or not the credit was used toward your UG degree.

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:39 am

vanwinkle wrote:
3v3ryth1ng wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

I didn't say your asking if this was possible was stupid. Ignorant, perhaps, but I mean that unoffensively. However, it would be damn stupid for someone to actually go and ask LSAC to do this, especially after being made aware that LSAC requires transcripts from all colleges whether or not the credit was used toward your UG degree.

Got it. I won't even ask.

Angrygeopolitically

Postby Angrygeopolitically » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:08 am

lol

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:50 am

you need to report your grades from every college class and course that youve been to or took. That includes college classes taht you took while in high school.

One class doesnt make or break you( well unless you are HYS or bust). Its how you performed throughout all of your college courses that they look at. ( straight A's and 1 C- most likely a studious or academically intelligent person, or straight C's and 1 A maybe not so much), Besides, admissions teams do realize that people mature as they get older, so they will tkae that into consideration when they look at your performance.

Dont ruin your chances by removing the transcript. It wont help your gpa boost that much anways.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:02 am

I have a "C" in a "college in high school" class when I was 15 that hurts my LSAT GPA, so I'm sure this will count for you

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:55 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:I have a "C" in a "college in high school" class when I was 15 that hurts my LSAT GPA, so I'm sure this will count for you

I went to a summer nerd camp when I was 16 and got 1 college credit for it. It was reported as P/F, too, so it didn't even affect my GPA. I still had to go track that shit down and report it. Totally annoying.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”